Author Topic: Avast annoying upsell pop up?  (Read 3791 times)

Offline chris..

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
Re: Avast annoying upsell pop up?
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2021, 12:25:10 AM »
I can't really do anything further on the old PC as Avast was already uninstalled along with much else.  I also do not want that PC going online at all anymore just to be sure none of the other programs still installed on it, like OneDrive, Office, GSAK, etc. do any online communication.  After a time, and once I am sure all is perfect with the new PC, I will wipe the HD on the old computer and recycle it. 

Yes, if in addition to having uninstalled, you have not reconnected to the net, it seems that there is a problem that only avast can solve by having access to your account.
hoping that they will give you an explanation in the next few days because  "Active on: 2 of 1 devices in the past 30 days" does not mean the same thing as "Your subscription is being used on two devices. This is more than is allowed for your single-device subscription. Please extend your subscription to cover the extra devices."

I vote for a Christmas gift  ;D
« Last Edit: December 24, 2021, 12:28:10 AM by chris.. »

Offline WillT

« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2021, 01:49:54 AM »
OK - Hopefully I now have this resolved.  I spent some time looking more closely at Avast One as I had been thinking of installing Avast on my Pixel phone and Samsung tablet. I had looked at other products but I have used Avast for maybe 20 years (?) at least and have no complaints.   I had an email offer for Avast One at 50% off for the first year so I called Avast Sales and they walked me through purchasing that, uninstalling Avast Security and installing Avast One.  Then they extended my new Avast One subscription for a month to match the old Security subscription.   Finally, she deactivated the Premium Security account that was giving me headaches.  So all seems good now.  Avast One is even playing well with Malwarebytes as have all the other Avast programs over the years.  Happy for that as I do like Malwarebytes also.  I think I will take a break from this new computer stuff for Christmas!   :-\  Then after that I will install Avast One on my phone and tablet and see how I like that. 

Thanks again for all the attempts to get to the bottom of this issue.  Never really got sorted out, but now it does not matter.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2021, 03:21:26 AM »
You're welcome, happy that you now have a resolution.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security