Author Topic: add new application in firewall  (Read 1589 times)

Offline wahyushikifujin

add new application in firewall
« on: December 21, 2021, 01:58:59 PM »
Avast should still provide the feature of adding applications to the firewall, and how about adding a secure application database to application features such as the comodo firewall ?

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: add new application in firewall
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2021, 10:57:55 AM »
Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.
Every app that attempts to connect to a network should appear in the Firewall list of Apps. You can then make changes in the "Rule list" (Application Rules). You can also use Ask Mode, which ensures that the Firewall prompts you to make the decision.

Offline wahyushikifujin

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2021, 02:38:35 PM »
OK, Thanks for answer

Offline ESC1

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2021, 04:56:54 PM »
 :'(

it doesn't automatically add my VNC Windows service, so I can't add any firewall exception. By default, the very last Avast firewall network rule will block all incoming TCP/UCP traffic and that can't be changed (AFAIK?) and for some reason even if I add a custom rule to specifically allow the port the VNC uses and place it "above" this public TCP/UCP IN block it continues to block using the Public TCP/UCP In block rule.  I also tried adding the exe files of the VNC application as an exception but that didn't work either.

If I turn off the Avast Firewall, the VNC works ...

UPDATE: Well it does work after fooling around with different options. I had to use a custom rule to allow the port and move it above ALL other rules.  It would be nice to be able to add an application manually for those apps that don't appear in the list.

« Last Edit: December 22, 2021, 05:36:58 PM by ESC1 »

Offline J.T.2

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2021, 04:19:27 AM »
I'm going to agree with this post. I'm beyond annoyed that everytime Avast changes it's Firewall it takes ridiculous amounts of time to relearn it. This new inability to "Add new Exception" manually is pretty lame and angering. I'm not liking this new version at all.

Offline ESC1

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2022, 04:21:53 PM »
the new firewall rule i added was deleted somehow... so VNC stopped working because the exception rule no longer existed.  i didn't delete it so what happened?