Author Topic: Is it worth changing?  (Read 2235 times)

Offline Heewoon

• Staying safe from malware with Avast
Is it worth changing?
« on: December 22, 2021, 07:47:05 AM »

Hello I am heewoonkim2020 of the forums! Welcome to my post! Though please reply :D -- Also please follow me  as it helps a ton!-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Hello,

Is it worth changing from Avast One to Avast Free?
Here is a quote from pcmag.
Avast One brings you Avast’s top-scoring antivirus protection, along with a no-limits VPN, a basic firewall, and various security, privacy, and performance tools. However, the free edition includes almost all the important bits. The one big benefit when you upgrade is removal of VPN limits. As a standalone, Avast’s VPN costs almost $60 per year. If you were going to buy it anyway, this suite is a bargain. If not, you can do better.
It said that the "free" edition has all the important bits, like additional antivirus systems.
I also watched one of those malware-testing videos and some of them just say Avast "won" because it detected it as disturbing, but NOT malicious. This is why I want Do Not Disturb mode in Avast One. Too bad it doesn't fit in there.
Please give me some suggestions.
Also, I want to know if the Avast Uninstall Utility "fully" uninstalls Avast One.
Windows Defender antivirus won't let me turn itself on because of Avast.
If it works correctly, it means that I will be able to turn on Windows Defender antivirus, because Avast is uninstalled.
Please review and test if the uninstall utility works on Windows 11.
If you are an advanced user, you could try using a virtual machine for this.

Thanks for reading, and please reply!

This post was posted by the user heewoonkim2020 and is not responsible for any other rude comments associated with the post as it has no relationship with the "account" specified as the user who "posted" the post.
Windows 11, Avast Free Antivirus. Avast One => Avast Free Antivirus. Currently using Avast Free. Antiviruses: Windows Defender => Avast One(WinDefender deactivated) => Avast One uninstall => WinDefender was activated again => Avast Free Antivirus

Offline Joshua

Re: Is it worth changing?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2022, 04:56:45 PM »
avast needs to add more setting to the vpn section i feel avast one wants me to use the secureline tap adapter and that is limited to 100mbps my network speed is 450mbps plus without the vpn turned on it reduces my speed by over 3 quarters of the speed making it unusable for me atleast i cant seem to find the beta download that uses the wintun adapter which is limited at 100gbps and a better option for me this is the only problem im having with avast one so far