Author Topic: AVAST kills LogMeIn software  (Read 24017 times)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: AVAST kills LogMeIn software
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2007, 02:48:32 AM »
Did you try SMTP?
You must set your SMTP settings (right click the 'a' blue icon > Program settings > STMP).
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2007, 03:16:30 AM »
One thing that I did want to say though is that when a virus is found and the option to send it to Avast is there, the file and a note, it doesn't go through MAPI at all, this is what happens everytime. Is this address still the correct one?

"Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients."

Subject:   avast!
      Sent:   11/2/2007 6:38 PM

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

'virus@avast.com' on 11/2/2007 6:38 PM
            None of your e-mail accounts could send to this recipient.

That is weird as I can't send using SMTP only MAPI, but I never get any error like email accounts couldn't send to recipients.

I used to have similar errors not relating to sending to avast, but with a dial-up account if I tried to send an email where the account didn't match the ISP I had connected to, changing the From email address (email account) to match the ISP I was connected to resolved the problem.

The other aspect is if your email account requires authentication, that may cause the send to fail, but I'm not sure if this would give the same result. Check the SMTP settings match your default account in your email client.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

cpupro

« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2007, 03:18:00 AM »
It sent that way, just wanted to see what was going on with doing it email. All the files currently in the "virus chest" have now been scanned and show "no virus".

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2007, 03:19:14 AM »
All the files currently in the "virus chest" have now been scanned and show "no virus".
Another proof of the false positive nature of that alarm.
The best things in life are free.