Author Topic: CPF.HLP file not found during recent program 4.7.1074 update install  (Read 1997 times)

Will91

Hi all:

I right clicked on the "a" ball tonight for a manual check of any program updates.  Apparently build number 4.7.1074 was available and it started downloading.  About half way through, I got a message that Program files/Comodo/Firewall/CPF>HLP file was not found.  I was asked if I wanted to find it myself.  I clicked yes but it was not located under windows explorer.  I clicked cancel and the download finished and installed and then I got the "avast needs to reboot" reminder.

What happened to my HLP file?  Do I need to uninstall AVAST using control panel/uninstall programs and then re-install the whole program or can I find this HLP file somewhere.  I did try the "help" feature of avast and it seems to pull up the help feature including the "contents" and "search" boxes. 

Thanks for any help.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re: CPF.HLP file not found during recent program 4.7.1074 update install
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 10:11:49 AM »
The file has nothing to do with avast! - it seems to be a helpfile for Comodo firewall. Don't know why the message popped up (maybe Comodo was trying to show you something at that moment)... but I suggest to ask Comodo peaple about it ;)