Author Topic: Comodo no longer #1 in leak tests  (Read 20841 times)

Lusher

Re: Comodo no longer #1 in leak tests
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2007, 04:44:57 PM »

Fanboy is a term used to describe an individual (usually male; the feminine version fangirl may be used for females) who is utterly devoted to a single fannish subject, or to a single point of view within that subject, often to the point where it is considered an obsession. Fanboys remain loyal to their particular obsession, disregarding any factors (often including logic) that differ from their point of view.

Indeed a very good description of you and your other blind slaves. I would also add a very reliable indicator of a fanboy is when one becomes irrationally proud of being an insider, as you have shown in this thread...

Well that pretty much narrows it down.. If I was a fanboy, then that means I would not look at other products, which is incorrect, I am constantly testing and trying new things, and I constantly look at other firewalls.

Afraid your logic is flawed. A fanboy could easily be trying new products, but it is his reaction and behavior that tells the real story. I know a guy who tries antivirus after antivirus, but he is clearly irrationally fond of one antivirus and no matter what, he refuses to acknowledge that maybe his chosen antivirus might have a few flaws...

The fact that I simply stated facts (which were indeed facts as pointed out by neutral parties) was enough to make you guys cook up some story that i was trolling, tells me how objective you guys really are.

Comodo makes a good software product and because of that I use it, does that make me a fanboy?

Flawed logic. Did I say  all users of comodo firewall are fanboys? But you are a fanboy based on how personally you take criticism of comodo...

Comodo has flaws in its software, but at the moment it is one of the best firewalls on the market, free or paid, and that is reason enough to use it.

Says a guy who is so proud of his "insider" access.. Self-serving bias maybe? Lots of people get sucked in that way, they are so proud of being a "beta-tester", and having invested so much time and effort on testing, being involved with the "community" around the product, they lose their objectivity.

Now regarding HIPS, Comodo Firewall 3's HIPS works very well, and I like it, their HIPS in Comodo Firewall 3 is excellent and better then any other HIPS system I have used. Sure, white listing may not be new, but I get far fewer HIPS popups with Comodo Firewall 3 then I do with any other HIPS system I have used, and at the end of the day, being protected and low user interaction is all that matters.

LOL, you must be joking. Given that the whitelist in CF3 is still at best partly functional, I find your comment hard to believe. Most people i know who have tried CF3 say it is the most popup aggressive HIPS out there...

So, just because I use a good security product, that is easy to use, does not make me a fan boy.

Correct! But that's not why i call you a fanboy lol.

I use avast! Antivirus, does that make me an avast! fanboy? NO! it doesn't, I use avast! because I like it and it works, that's reason enough.

Probably. But I haven't studied your posts enough to judge either way.

Oh, and about me being an insider on the forums, as that may be true

Ever heard of cognitive dissonace?

It is a proven fact that employees of a company generally become sincerely more and more positive of the products they sell, even if the products they sell are not superior. The reason is obvious.

Similar, moderators of product forums are biased, particularly those who are oh so proud of their positions...

I mean if the products suck, people would leave, and that would make their moderator powers moot wouldn't it? What's the fun of being an insider of a product that sucked or simply wasn't the best? That would make the position they hold less desirable

Then there is the whole issue of being "one of the team".... which makes criticisms very difficult.

All these factors conspire to make "moderators" , "closed beta-testers" of products less objective and more of a fanboy then simple users of software who maintain emotional distance.

Lusher

« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2007, 04:47:52 PM »
Mamma says: silence is gold...

LOL. Unfortunately Tech, your forum is really low on my list of priorities to visit... Besides who knows the next time i might be hit by a storm worm just by visiting it. :)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2007, 05:00:40 PM »
Why you bother to dredge this up after 8 days of no activity is beyond me. Some might say it is to inflame, I would say let sleeping dogs lie.

What would be preferable is that as this is the support forums for avast users, then contributions to help those avast users would be much more constructive or if that isn't your intent don't post at all.

I shan't be commenting further about this as it really is a waste of all of our time.

Quote from: Lusher
Unfortunately Tech, your forum is really low on my list of priorities to visit...

Perhaps you should devote even less time and get on with something more useful.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2007, 05:13:50 PM »
It seems like Lusher's only posts are those that seek to provoke others.

I know of a few other folks who've been presented with banana's  for less.  ;D
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

Lusher

« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2007, 06:13:21 PM »
It seems like Lusher's only posts are those that seek to provoke others.

I know of a few other folks who've been presented with banana's  for less.  ;D

Yes you Evangelist's are ganging up on me, like good little avast fanboys....

Lusher

« Reply #50 on: November 16, 2007, 06:14:25 PM »

Perhaps you should devote even less time and get on with something more useful.

Okay you win. You won't see me here anymore!!

Offline FreewheelinFrank

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • I'm a GNU
    • Don't Surf in the Nude!
« Reply #51 on: November 16, 2007, 06:19:01 PM »
Don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out.  ;)
     Bambleweeny 57 sub-meson brain     Don't Surf in the Nude Blog

« Reply #52 on: November 16, 2007, 08:35:19 PM »
Well said ;)

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #53 on: November 16, 2007, 08:53:00 PM »
Hi FwF & avatar2005,

"Good riddance, and another troll bites the dust",

polonus
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #54 on: November 16, 2007, 09:59:13 PM »
Actually I'm not that impressed. :-\
Anyway, thread closed.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.