Author Topic: I'net streaming audio cuts out  (Read 2052 times)

davetheoldguy

I'net streaming audio cuts out
« on: November 03, 2007, 04:49:52 PM »
http://cbsplayer.streamtheworld.com/?CALLSIGN=KJKKFM

I put this in the EXCEPTION list. It still cuts out. If i turn off AVAST totally, no cut out.
so, being a newbie and stupid, what am I doing wrong?

There are a couple more stations on the cbsplayer i'd like to fix so it won't cut out.
isn't there a 'wildcard' thing i can do for cbsplayer.streamtheworld.com ??

Thanks.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 04:53:37 PM by davetheoldguy »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: I'net streaming audio cuts out
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2007, 05:21:11 PM »
The Web Shield should be the only provider to you need to terminate to be able to avoid this and not avast completely as you are totally unprotected.

Well I just tried it and although I'm on dial-up it did start it was not a good stream and I kept getting breaks in the stream, possibly just buffering for me. This soon changed indicating disconnected, I dropped to Low KBPS (dial-up) and restarted the stream and it is better now

Are you on dial-up or broadband ?
What is your firewall ?

However, streaming by all accounts isn't truly correct use of HTTP protocol and that may mess with the Web Shield that scans http content. The exceptions doesn't seem to work when you experience problems with streaming. If you click the Customize Button, Basic tab, there is an input box, Ignored addresses and you can add the IP (not domain) for it, which is, 208.80.52.96 also 208.69.32.139 (see image there is a very large range of IPs though and that should probably be enough without having to terminate the web shield.

I have been listening throughout the time I have been compiling this post and no problems after having reduced the KBPS to suit my dial-up connection. I also did some work on other posts all whilst listening with only the occasional blip almost certainly down to my dial-up connection.

I added the above IPs to the Ignored addresses and it seemed to improve it slightly, but still the dial-up buffering hiccups.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security