Author Topic: How to make Avast delete/repair/move virus detected to chest automatically ?  (Read 5407 times)

Offline N@URINE

hello everybody !
I'm not the only user of my computer, and some of my family don't know how to act when a virus is detected. therefore, I want to set Avast to Delete or Repair automatically..when it detects a virus from settings, is that possible with Avast?
NourinE

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
No, only in Professional version (see picture here: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=13315.msg112285#msg112285).

In Home version you can check the option "Don't show this window again" as soon as the first virus warning appears, and click on "No action" button. This way, nothing will be done and you will be presented the results at the end (and you can perform actions from there).

Or you can use Silent Mode:

Left click the 'a' blue icon.
It will start On-access protection

Click on Internet Mail and then on Customize.
Go to Advanced tab and select Silent Mode and the default answer No. This will send the file (email) to Chest.
But take a look here: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=28088.msg229736#msg229736

Do the same for the and Outlook/Exchange plugin.
The answer Yes in Silent Mode keeps the virus in the file or into the message (attach) and continue the scanning. You can't configure 'delete the infected file' in the Home version.

You can do the same for Standard Shield provider, but it won't be a good idea...

Silent mode in the case of the WebShield provider simply means that avast will keep pressing the "Abort connection" button for the user automatically.
The best things in life are free.

Offline N@URINE

many many thanks Tech, you've always been helpful to me.
NourinE

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
many many thanks Tech, you've always been helpful to me.
My pleasure 8)

Offline N@URINE

I Clicked on "Standard Shield" and then on "Customize".
I went to "Advanced tab" and select "Silent Mode" and I ticked the answer Yes.
will this delete the file automatically?????????????
NourinE

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
will this delete the file automatically ???
Standard Shield shouldn't be at auto mode. It's not good as I've said before. You should manually control what is happening in your computer. Remember, Standard Shield is resident, on-access, and you can be deleting a file you need to boot, for instance.
I'm not sure if the file will be sent to Chest or deleted. I would like an Igor's confirmation...

Offline N@URINE

I tried and I found that it's sent to the Chest Automatically.
thank you again Tech,
NourinE

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
will this delete the file automatically?????????????

I would have though it should be Silent mode with general answer No (cancel) not Yes (OK), these answers relate not to sending the file to the chest but to questions that would ordinarily be asked upon detection if silent mode wasn't enabled.

Personally my own feeling on this is you should use the default interactive action. This way you know exactly what is going on with your system. If you are getting so many warnings, that you want to automate this process, I believe you should review your security practice - filter emails at source, delete from server rather than download them, review the sites they visit, etc.

Also I don't like giving a positive answer to something I can't see, I would rather opt to Cancel.

But if it is working and you are happy it is your system.

Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline N@URINE

hi David!
I'm quite convinced now not to select the silent mode,because I think that's not safe enough for my system.it's not a good idea as you and Tech said.
thank you all so so much for this valuabe information.
NourinE

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Your welcome.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security