Author Topic: tmpFF38  (Read 941 times)

Offline basaranfurkan45

tmpFF38
« on: December 25, 2021, 09:38:18 PM »
Hi, something interesting happened a few minutes ago. I accidentally opened the desktop folder in visual studio and a folder was created. After deleting the folder, avast appeared and said it was scanning a file named tmpFF38.exe. Nothing suspicious was found in the file, but this file, which was said to be in the Temp folder, was not in the Temp folder. Instead there was the tmpFF38.tmp file. I cleared the temp folder and scanned again and it asked me to restart the computer, I rebooted and luckily it only asked for a reboot for the update. After the computer restarted, I scanned again and it found no problems. However, I was still skeptical so I wanted to ask in the forum. Is this file a virus? Have any of you experienced the same or a similar situation? Do you have this file on your computer? (tmpFF38.tmp or tmpFF38.exe) If this is a virus, how can I get rid of it? Thank you very much for your help in advance.

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: tmpFF38
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2021, 09:31:36 AM »
Hi,

If Avast Antivirus found noting, the temp file issue was probably caused by some crash in Visual Studio.
Perhaps you might want to try a boot-time scan https://support.avast.com/en-ww/article/Antivirus-Boot-time-Scan/