Author Topic: Avast Pro Scanning??  (Read 4614 times)

avastguy700

Avast Pro Scanning??
« on: May 01, 2008, 12:56:21 PM »
I've installed a trial of this on my sister's comp.What is the simplest way to set an automated scan for her? :-[

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Avast Pro Scanning??
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2008, 02:56:39 PM »
I don't have the pro version but I believe it is by creating a new Task Schedule from the Enhanced User Interface.

However the avast help file is your friend here, Under the Enhanced User Interface, Enhanced User Interface Main Menu. It is the scheduler section, see image and avast help file.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2008, 03:00:13 PM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2008, 03:06:12 PM »
Create the Task and set it accordingly (automated actions on Virus page) and schedule it.
The best things in life are free.

avastguy700

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2008, 03:15:48 PM »
I'll check this out for her. 8)I would have to disable simple user interface for this and do the scheduled scan.Will the scheduled scan time stay if I switches back to simple for her?(I'm learning)!

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2008, 03:31:32 PM »
The whole point of having the Pro version is to have the Enhanced User Interface (not available in the Home version) for its greater functionality, flexibility and configurability, switch to it and leave it there.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

psw

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2008, 04:09:03 PM »
I'll check this out for her. 8)I would have to disable simple user interface for this and do the scheduled scan.Will the scheduled scan time stay if I switches back to simple for her?(I'm learning)!
Yes, you should switch to Enhanced interface only to shedule job. After sheduling you can switch back to Simple interface or leave antivirus at all. When sheduled job will active you get additional icon in the tray with some job management options.

avastguy700

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2008, 07:12:59 PM »
I checked out what you said.This is what I came across in infected files.I didn't even know it was there!
Virus has been detected!
File Name: DsaFlt.rls
FileID: 4
Virus Description: Win32Com-F [Expl]
This has been on this computer since 2005.If this is a bug could someone tell me how to get rid of it.This was detected by Avast Pro,the latest version. :-[

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2008, 01:13:14 AM »
Will the scheduled scan time stay if I switches back to simple for her?(I'm learning)!
Yes it will.
The additional icon is an 'a' icon with a green triangle on it.

I checked out what you said.This is what I came across in infected files.I didn't even know it was there!
Virus has been detected!
File Name: DsaFlt.rls
FileID: 4
Virus Description: Win32Com-F [Expl]
This has been on this computer since 2005.If this is a bug could someone tell me how to get rid of it.This was detected by Avast Pro,the latest version. :-[
To know if a file is a false positive, please submit it to VirusTotal and let us know the result. If it is indeed a false positive, send it in a password protected zip to virus@avast.com
Please, mention in the body of the message why you think it is a false positive and the password used. Thanks.
Other possibility is JOTTI. VirusTotal and Jotti both have file size limit of 10Mb.

As a workaround, you can add these files to the Standard Shield provider (on-access scanning) exclusion list.
Left click the 'a' blue icon, click on the provider icon at left and then Customize. Go to Advanced tab and click on Add button...
You can use wildcards like * and ?. But be careful, you should 'exclude' that many files that let your system in danger.
The best things in life are free.