Author Topic: Trojan.DownLoader UFO.EXE  (Read 31192 times)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Trojan.DownLoader UFO.EXE
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2007, 07:02:55 PM »
OMG I am reason of it? I'm sorry!!!!
You're sorry? I thank you to help us know what is happening...
Unfortunately I'll say.

I hope official words here... This is becoming a nightmare...
The best things in life are free.

Offline Bluesman

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • Amiga Power!
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2007, 07:29:47 PM »
Like DavidR and Tech, I'm very disappointed and upset. I
Count me in, I am also disappointed!
"The blues are the roots, everything else is the fruits" -Willie Dixon

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2007, 08:05:29 PM »
OMG I am reason of it? I'm sorry!!!!

Absolutely not a problem with anything you have don't, just us showing our disappointment at samples being discarded when avast users go to the trouble of submitting them.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2007, 09:49:49 PM »
So all this time we've been waisting our time submitting files to feed the "Alwil Recycle Bin"
That wasn't very nice.... :'( :'(
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

miscreant

« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2007, 10:01:29 PM »
I also sent a sample from the chest >user file window too only last week.I thought that was the whole point of the right click>email to alwil software feature in the chest.It is very stupid and misleading to folks if it isnt.
m

Offline Maxx_original

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2007, 10:15:04 PM »
guys, let me correct the description of chest files processing... the files sent from chest aren't dropped, of course... they are extracted and sorted by the script periodically (they couldn't be lost)... but the problem was, that our virus analysts didn't know where the sorted files were stored.. they was unreachable for some time, because the man who knows the sorting scheme used his holidays... the bigegst priority between chested files is for Trojen-gen family possible false positives, but this doesn't mean, that we ignore the other files... the only problem is, that the files were not distributed to right people... i can confirm, that a new submission system (still under development) should solve this problem with script/manual work.. anyway - better to send the files via mail.. we have some highlights and priorities for "trusted" submitters there (this should be also more configurable with new submission system)...

Offline Maxx_original

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2007, 10:33:47 PM »
btw: misak's words are coresponding to last week only and like i said already - we have the files and the delay in their analysis should be cleared soon... the files will be in the right hands tomorrow and you don't have to think about avast! chest as some kind of black hole... once again, sorry for the rumour, it was a misunderstanding between analysts and chest processor..

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2007, 10:40:45 PM »
Hi Maxx_original,

The most important thing here is that you set your protocols strict and abide by them. This is vital for an av depository. Put these protocols to print, and distribute them to everyone concerned so they can stick to them.

polonus
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2007, 10:43:06 PM »
btw: misak's words are coresponding to last week only... and you don't have to think about avast! chest as some kind of black hole...
Thanks for explaining... Without this explanation (it was a misunderstanding between analysts and chest processor) we can't trust on the company seriousness.

sanctuary24

« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2007, 11:01:40 PM »
Thankyou for your explanation, thats all I needed to know, keep up the excellent work

Offline Maxx_original

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2007, 11:07:36 PM »
polonus: agree with your opinion.. more ppl in our team should be introduced to samples processing details... we'll accept some necessary steps to make it better...

Tech: alwil's policy never contained anything about making a chest only for a laugh, you can be sure with this ;)... i already told to misak, that his post could be titled as "PR message of the year" ;D

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2007, 01:53:25 AM »
Tech: alwil's policy never contained anything about making a chest only for a laugh, you can be sure with this ;)... i already told to misak, that his post could be titled as "PR message of the year" ;D
That will make me sleep happy (again) ;)
Hey misak, whatch your steps ;D

olmor

« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2007, 10:28:35 AM »
Dear developers!

Three weeks have gone and nothing has changed. I sent you this file twice from Virus Chest and by e-mail to virus@avast.com. UFO.EXE is still undetected. Can you answer if you receive my files?

Does Avast Antivirus have any support?

Regards, Oleg

olmor

« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2007, 10:37:32 AM »
Today's update to 071127 solved the problem.
Thanks to all.

Regards, Oleg

Offline misak

• Avast team
    • Personal page (CZE)
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2007, 10:40:53 AM »
So sorry for my previous post. I have hold discussions with colleague that care on it and i understand him badly. I will next time better thing then write.