Author Topic: Res. Pro. Help Admin Tools / Services: Error 1053  (Read 8083 times)

crisisnite

Res. Pro. Help Admin Tools / Services: Error 1053
« on: March 07, 2004, 07:26:26 PM »
Alright so I looked through a few posts trien to figure out why my Res. Pro. won't work and followed the instruction on another post with similar probs.  but when I go into Admin Tools / Services:   it says that both Avast things are auto, but one isn't started and can't be when I try I get this  

"Could not start the Avast service on local Computer"
"Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion"

and is the same after reboot?  What do I do I need Constant protection and Res. Pro. isn't working.      Please help?!    E-Mail me                    
subject line: Avast Resident Protection. SPdS2k@aol.com

-Thank you                                                 CRISISNITe

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:Res. Pro. Help Admin Tools / Services: Error 1053
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2004, 11:30:15 PM »
Alright so I looked through a few posts trien to figure out why my Res. Pro. won't work and followed the instruction on another post with similar probs.  but when I go into Admin Tools / Services:   it says that both Avast things are auto, but one isn't started and can't be when I try I get this  

"Could not start the Avast service on local Computer"
"Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion"

and is the same after reboot?  What do I do I need Constant protection and Res. Pro. isn't working.      Please help?!    E-Mail me                    
subject line: Avast Resident Protection. SPdS2k@aol.com

-Thank you                                                 CRISISNITe

We usually give help by the forum (and just a few times by email...)  ;D
What do you mean, you cannot start the avast! service? Which one (of the two that you must have)?

Did you change any advanced settings of your 2000/XP system? Tweak I mean...
Did you try uninstall, boot, install, boot... to see what happens?
The best things in life are free.

crisisnite

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2004, 03:02:52 PM »
okay see,  My antivirus part works just fine couldn't be better it's the Resident Protection scanner thing the one that is constantly scanning and scans like um, P2P and all that like e-mails and stuff.  I can't get that to work and I was really hoping I would not have to go through all of the trouble of un installing and reinstalling.  it's just too much of a pain so I was hoping there was another way.

CRISISNITe

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2004, 03:09:39 PM »
I think I've heard this error message before... but don't remember what it was. Vlk may have better memory... (next week).
Just for sure - do you use the latest build of avast?
Which one of the avast! services has this error?

crisisnite

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2004, 11:20:06 PM »
I am completely updated in every way.  and the error happens whenever I try to run the file or whatever in          control panel /  performance and etc. /  administrative tools /  services /  avast! Antivirus  

(def.) Manages and implements avast! antivirus services for this computer. *******This includes the resident protection, the virus chest and the scheduler.

basically it says it should start running automatically but doesn't, and when I try to manually start it I get the error message.  Meaning I can't use my constant protectuion I can only do full scans.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2004, 11:31:19 PM »
I am completely updated in every way.  and the error happens whenever I try to run the file or whatever in          control panel /  performance and etc. /  administrative tools /  services /  avast! Antivirus  

(def.) Manages and implements avast! antivirus services for this computer. *******This includes the resident protection, the virus chest and the scheduler.

basically it says it should start running automatically but doesn't, and when I try to manually start it I get the error message.  Meaning I can't use my constant protectuion I can only do full scans.

Have you already tried to uninstall and install again... Sometimes, when you correct the installation, the error goes away without any deep thinking...

You must have that service starting automatically... Something is happening, maybe you have another antivirus installed or you are using a firewall and some of them are interfering with avast!

Hope this help.  ;)

crisisnite

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2004, 11:46:41 PM »
just hate un/re-installing I defrag after every like four installs and every 10 uninstalls  so

CRISISNITe

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2004, 03:02:26 AM »
just hate un/re-installing I defrag after every like four installs and every 10 uninstalls  so

CRISISNITe

The other solution is wait for Vlk's help...
You should have both avast! services running into XP for properly working of the av  :-\

crisisnite

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2004, 04:14:05 PM »
thanks I guess I'll wait for VlK
« Last Edit: March 12, 2004, 04:17:03 PM by crisisnite »