Author Topic: IMAP email scanning  (Read 3220 times)

rbrock

IMAP email scanning
« on: March 14, 2004, 10:36:36 PM »
I have just downloaded and set up the parameters of AVAST! AV 4 Home/Pro version. I checked the box to scan incoming IMAP email but I do not see proof that those messages are being scanned. I fear viruses from my university IMAP email account and need to know that this program is doing what I saw shown on the AVAST! website. Can someone please advise? Thanks.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:IMAP email scanning
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2004, 02:01:29 AM »
I have just downloaded and set up the parameters of AVAST! AV 4 Home/Pro version. I checked the box to scan incoming IMAP email but I do not see proof that those messages are being scanned. I fear viruses from my university IMAP email account and need to know that this program is doing what I saw shown on the AVAST! website. Can someone please advise? Thanks.

There are some ways:

1. Show an icon into the system tray while scanning. See the avast4.ini file information at section [MailScanner]. The value of ShowTrayIcon must be 1 (To hide icon = 0).
More information about the avast4.ini file you can see here.

2. See the header of the message (for intance, to Outlook Express, select an email, right click it, select properties and details). You must have two lines similar to these ones:
X-Antivirus: avast! (VPS 0403-9, 03/14/2004), Inbound message
X-Antivirus-Status: Clean

3. Add a note at the end of each email body (even clean ones) (IMAP settings).

Hope this help  8)
The best things in life are free.

shgoh

Re:IMAP email scanning
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2004, 10:01:50 AM »
you can also double-click your avast icon in your system tray (resident scanner)....choose to display more details....there you can see details of files being scanned in the internet mail section.... :)

hope i'm clear enough for you to understand... :)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2004, 11:16:42 PM by shgoh »