Author Topic: Alwil thank you finally USB keyboard work in Bootscan  (Read 4895 times)

Offline SpeedyPC

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Avast shall conquer the whole world
Alwil thank you finally USB keyboard work in Bootscan
« on: December 05, 2007, 12:46:04 PM »
To Alwil Anti-Virus Staff (Vlk, Igor, etc etc)

After a very long painful wait and hoping Alwil will solve the bootscan problem for USB Keyboard, since I posted my problem back in April 11, 2007 http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=27657.msg225451#msg225451 and I couldn't bypass the ESC key in the bootscan and I went through a lot of trouble trying to find the problem.

When Alwil release the new Avast Home Edition v4.7.1098 and I went to check the avast! Revision History, and while reading the history and it said 'boot-time scanner now functional even with USB keyboards'.

I download the new version and upgrade my old version of Avast and reboot my PC, and than I went to set the bootscan reboot my PC up comes the bootscan. Wait about 4 or 5 mins and then I hit the ESC key finally it works the bootscan has bypass the ESC key using the USB Keyboard.

Thank you thank you thank you and thank you.

Could Alwil please tell me what went wrong after a very long painful wait until the the new version came out.
Gigabyte 670 LGA1200 Full ATX MB | Intel Core i9-13900 CPU/LGA 1700 | GeForce Nvidia RTX-4070/12GB | 32GB DDR4 | 2 x 1TB Samsung SSD | W11 Home 64bit | Avast Premium v24.3.6108 | Avast SecureLine VPN | Avast Secure Browser | Avast Driver Updater | Avast BreachGuard | Firefox 64bit | MalwareBytes Premium | Adguard Premium | CCleaner Portable | Macrium Reflect | 7-Zip

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re: Alwil thank you finally USB keyboard work in Bootscan
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2007, 01:39:01 PM »
Well, the biggest problem was that we could not reproduce the issue, and hadn't therefore any ideas on what could go wrong.
Recently, there appeared a discussion somewhere on the net on this topic, with replies from some experienced people from Microsoft implying that there really shouldn't be any difference between the particular keyboard types... and even some strange hints on how to solve possible issues.
We took some guesses, tried something... and according to the replies from the users, it seems that it works. (But we still weren't able to reliably reproduce the original problem, even when we knew what to look for).

Offline SpeedyPC

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Avast shall conquer the whole world
Re: Alwil thank you finally USB keyboard work in Bootscan
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2007, 01:57:03 PM »
Thanks Igor I understand and it wasn't easy to pin point the problem what every you guys did or how to find it, all I can say is a million thanks after a very long and painful wait until somebody comes along and share the same problem.

Good luck on the next future Avast version for 2008 and I wish you a very Merry Christmas and have a wonderful and peaceful new year.
Gigabyte 670 LGA1200 Full ATX MB | Intel Core i9-13900 CPU/LGA 1700 | GeForce Nvidia RTX-4070/12GB | 32GB DDR4 | 2 x 1TB Samsung SSD | W11 Home 64bit | Avast Premium v24.3.6108 | Avast SecureLine VPN | Avast Secure Browser | Avast Driver Updater | Avast BreachGuard | Firefox 64bit | MalwareBytes Premium | Adguard Premium | CCleaner Portable | Macrium Reflect | 7-Zip