Author Topic: No Keyboard at bootscan  (Read 2379 times)

Toronto

No Keyboard at bootscan
« on: October 26, 2007, 11:32:13 PM »
avast runs, finds a virus, asks me to 1 -10
But my keyboard does not work
I have a wireless usb
any suggestion's ??

OK, did as you suggested, yes it was enabled and still didn't work
so I just set the preferences to auto move

thanks

Edit November 15 2007

Ok the beta seems to have done the job,
i say seems because I no longer have any viruses and the only way to check was to hit esc. to bypass the scan (which didn't work before)

ON ANOTHER NOTE

I run Avast on 2 PC's, one with xp home and one with xp pro
after installing the beta on the home version PC, I no longer have a tray icon, although i check the task manager and all the services are running
I think this has to do with the last xp update, because I lost a different icon on the pro version and that program is also running
??????????

Is there a reason I'm getting this annoying Avast pop-up from this site
Like 7 times while I'm typing this entry?

Thanks for your help
« Last Edit: November 16, 2007, 12:39:13 AM by Toronto »

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: No Keyboard at bootscan
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2007, 11:55:52 PM »
Is this a new system, or one that you upgraded with a new wireless keyboard ?

I don't know if you are familiar with your BIOS but there is a setting to enable USB devices at boot, problem being you may not be able to change that if your keyboard isn't working. Constantly clicking the delete key on boot should interrupt the boot and take you into the BIOS set-up.

You can select an option when you schedule a boot-time scan, Advanced Options, Move infected file to Chest, being the safest option and allows you to investigate the detection afterwards.

You could try a spare PS2 keyboard or borrow one.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2007, 11:57:41 PM »
This image is likely to be the area where the enable USB is found, Integrated Peripherals.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2007, 01:59:27 AM »
Either use a ps2 keyboard or a usb to ps2 converter.
The problem is getting into the BIOS to enable usb devices so the keyboard will be recognized before boot, like David said, the chicken and egg situation is here if this option hasn't been enabled you might not be able to change it in the BIOS if your usb keyboard isn't recognized.
The best things in life are free.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2007, 05:41:03 PM »
Could you please try the new beta version and let us know if it makes any difference (with the USB keyboard)?