Author Topic: What Do You Do With A Win32 Troj-025  (Read 3907 times)

SKYCOMP

What Do You Do With A Win32 Troj-025
« on: March 08, 2004, 01:53:05 AM »
What can i do since Avast found 2 files said to be trojans but are not found in the BoardSearch or any other database? It did have a -025 number listed with the troj id in the Scan result?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:What Do You Do With A Win32 Troj-025
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2004, 02:08:33 AM »
What can i do since Avast found 2 files said to be trojans but are not found in the BoardSearch or any other database? It did have a -025 number listed with the troj id in the Scan result?

What files? What is the virus name?
What version of avast! and VPS (virus database) are you using?
Which is your OS?
Sorry, too many question trying to help you...

Anyway, if avast! detect the files as trojans, you can send them to Chest untill further research!  ;D
The best things in life are free.

whocares

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2004, 10:14:03 AM »

SKYCOMP

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2004, 07:41:05 AM »

What files? What is the virus name?
What version of avast! and VPS (virus database) are you using?
Which is your OS?
Sorry, too many question trying to help you...

Anyway, if avast! detect the files as trojans, you can send them to Chest untill further research!  ;D

M20DECT.EXE & dfd.exe
Trojano-025
Home Addition(constanty updated as available)
Windows98SE

I give up trying to make any sense of this, i will just keep the files for myself "confined" untill i have time to break down their code then out to deep-space for them. Its not that big a deal now, it was only alarming in the fact that i Utilize an Advanced Arsenal of security software for the prevention against just this sort of FIND. My only inquiry was where to match Avast!'s definition of their "ALERT" with a category someplace that could provide at least some data into their history and predominance in the webfield if any. Thanks for at least offering the courtesy to respond & acknowledge my posts.

SKYCOMP

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2004, 08:35:43 AM »
SUCCESS!!! After closely examining the Avast! "alert" of March 7, 2004, after days of research have turned up "results". To find an accurate description for this trojan & its componants, paid a visit to the pool of these malicious devices and got a little muck on the  boots, so to speak. The not-so-hidden dimension of the originators of these carefully crafted aliens. Won't go into details for obvious reasons, (youthful experimenters), but came upon a most impressive collection of these fashioned surprises and WALLAH! traced one to its origins along with its purpose & function. The remaining exe remains elusive, but is only a matter of time before a match is found! Although carefully constructed with great care, they both exhibit an identical matching set of icons that give them away & provides a pathway leading close if not directly to there origins, which is all the intelligence needed to pinpoint the cause & effect scenario left on my equipment virtue of their brief visit. Its a very scary dimension i ventured upon as there are numerous variants of many types of plans to spoof AV's/Firewalls etc. and even names the most popular most use today! Avast!Thank goodness was not mentioned.Personal research into a small part of their mischievious world will give you a profound respect for AV's like Avast!  Enough said.

SKYCOMP

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2004, 08:12:07 AM »
This site is so limited you can't post very much at a time. Here are the results broken down into a readable context by a highly technical utility i employed to rip the guts out from the M20DECT.EXE that Avast! says is 1 of 2 trojans by definition from avast's virus database.
I really wish someone from Avast could take a look at this and offer a reply. Technical attempted to address this issue once, but beyond that no one is given attention to my concern over this. Notice Winpup is on 3 lines of this breakdown and also the OTHER EXECUTABLE avast alerted to be a trojan[dfd.exe].
« Last Edit: March 20, 2004, 08:15:12 AM by SKYCOMP »

whocares

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2004, 07:05:27 PM »
Hi,

a) if you would answer the questions to your "problem" in your other thread (link above), someone could maybe help you further, maybe you could even figure out yourself whatever you want to know

b) what IS your problem/question ? I don't really get it from the above

that avast won't offer a detailed description for your  trojan(s) ?
- b1) see other thread
- b2) there are 80.000 viruses/trojans/worms and other malware (more or less, depending on how you count the variants);
it's probably not feasible for avast to honour every single one of them with in-depth analysis available on their info page.
Also consider ressources and ease-of-use for the search

or how they entered the system ?
most probably through an insecurely configured WIn/IE or carelessness on dealing with emails/P2p-stuff
we'd need more info for answering this

;)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2004, 07:08:13 PM by whocares »