Author Topic: "warning, your system is unsecured," and other problems  (Read 1693 times)

Offline rb

"warning, your system is unsecured," and other problems
« on: January 12, 2022, 04:40:20 AM »
1. I have a new computer (about a month old) with Windows 11 and am running the free Avast One on it. I just noticed the little icon in the system tray on the bottom right has a red X on it and when I hover over it, it says "WARNING, your system is UNSECURED." I click on it, and it just opens Avast. What do I do then?

2. In the Avast screen, it shows an exclamation point on Messages. When I click on it, it says "virus definitions are outdated." I click on "Update now" and it goes to the Settings page and says "updates are available," with a date of January 11. I click on "check for update" and the only thing that happens is that the red "updates are available" message goes away. Underneath all this, there's a message that Avast One is up to date, with a date of December 9. There is a "check for update" underneath this too; I click on it and nothing happens at all.

3. How can I remove the email signature? In the old Avast, it was an option in one of the menus, but I can't find it in Avast One.

Thank you!

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: "warning, your system is unsecured," and other problems
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2022, 11:47:30 AM »
1. I have a new computer (about a month old) with Windows 11 and am running the free Avast One on it. I just noticed the little icon in the system tray on the bottom right has a red X on it and when I hover over it, it says "WARNING, your system is UNSECURED." I click on it, and it just opens Avast. What do I do then?

2. In the Avast screen, it shows an exclamation point on Messages. When I click on it, it says "virus definitions are outdated." I click on "Update now" and it goes to the Settings page and says "updates are available," with a date of January 11. I click on "check for update" and the only thing that happens is that the red "updates are available" message goes away. Underneath all this, there's a message that Avast One is up to date, with a date of December 9. There is a "check for update" underneath this too; I click on it and nothing happens at all.

3. How can I remove the email signature? In the old Avast, it was an option in one of the menus, but I can't find it in Avast One.

Thank you!

Hi,

1. The "Messages" section should provide you with the reason for the red x.
2. When you click on "Check for update" you should see some animation as it tries to update. Dec 9th would be the correct release date of the Avast One application.
3. Email signature option is not available in Avast One.
I would suggest that you use the Avast uninstall utility to uninstall Avast and then re-install Avast One.
https://support.avast.com/en-ww/article/10/
https://support.avast.com/en-ww/article/Install-One/