Author Topic: New browser version 97.0  (Read 2117 times)

Offline Jana Ernekerová

• Avast team
New browser version 97.0
« on: January 12, 2022, 06:24:04 PM »
Hello everyone,

We’re pleased to announce that we have released a new version of Avast Secure Browser (ASB) for Windows - version 97.0 to some production users. This version will be rolled out to all users over the coming days/weeks.

This version includes major Chromium update and many fixes, including the following:
  • Improved the overall stability of the Browser, we fixed a few crashes reported by you, thank you!
  • We fixed problems with setting the Browser as your default
  • Many minor design improvements and fixes

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How to get this latest version
If you have ASB already installed, it should be updated automatically (feel free to visit ‘secure://settings/help’ to trigger an update faster)
Alternatively, you can download and install ASB from our official site:
https://download.avastbrowser.com/external/avast_secure_browser_setup.exe

We hope you enjoy the changes we have made, and as always we would love to hear your feedback. Please try our Browser also on your other devices. Next to Windows version, it is available on iOS, Android and MacOS platforms, and with the Avast sync, you can synchronize the settings on all of them. You can download the MacOS version here, more information for iOS see here (English locales only), and for Android here or go straight to the App Store or Google Play Store

Offline caroloyl

Re: New browser version 97.0
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2022, 07:02:53 AM »
Installed.  While I especially appreciate ASB's light "weight," I'd like to have an option to prevent its annoying "download bar" from appearing and taking up valuable vertical real estate on my screen.  I've looked but found no way to disable it so I'm obliged to close it over and over.  (If I want to monitor downloads I can always use the ASB menu or its keyboard shortcut.)  On its toolbar, the bloated and resource-hungry Firefox browser uses an icon with a small dropdown menu to show a download's progress, or to open a downloaded file, or to view it in its folder, or to show all downloads.  Firefox also offers the option to override all pages' specified fonts.  I've set it to format text in bold size 15 Trebuchet MS which is a WHOLE lot easier on my eyes than the spindly fonts that are used nowadays.  Wish ASB had these functions too.

Offline luna21077

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2022, 06:47:32 PM »
Hello to all!
I install 96.1.13589.111 from the installer using the link, where is 97.0?
Windows 7 x64 Pro.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2022, 07:05:47 PM by luna21077 »

Offline billygoat319

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2022, 04:27:29 PM »
Same here

I did a clean install of Windows 10 pro.
I had version 97.0 installed.

Downloaded from avast web site and got version 96.0.1.13468.94. ???
I find this strange not to have latest version on web site ???
« Last Edit: January 17, 2022, 08:37:31 PM by billygoat319 »