Author Topic: Languages?  (Read 2466 times)

Offline David_27

Languages?
« on: January 16, 2022, 01:43:42 AM »
After installing Avast One, is it possible to change the language to Portuguese? Or is it still english only as when it laucnhed?

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Languages?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2022, 02:56:17 AM »
I don't use Avast One, but my guess would be very similar to Avast Free.  First you would have to download the Portuguese language pack and select that as the default language.

That said According to an Avast FAQ Avast One is only available for download in certain countries.
https://support.avast.com/en-us/article/One-FAQ/

Currently, Avast One is only available for download in the following countries:

Americas: Canada, The United States
    Asia & Pacific: Australia, New Zealand
    Europe: Austria, France, Germany, Ireland, Switzerland, The United Kingdom

So I don't know how you got it, but I'm guessing that Portuguese, probably isn't available as a supported language pack.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline David_27

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2022, 04:52:53 AM »
I don't use Avast One, but my guess would be very similar to Avast Free.  First you would have to download the Portuguese language pack and select that as the default language.

That said According to an Avast FAQ Avast One is only available for download in certain countries.
https://support.avast.com/en-us/article/One-FAQ/

Currently, Avast One is only available for download in the following countries:

Americas: Canada, The United States
    Asia & Pacific: Australia, New Zealand
    Europe: Austria, France, Germany, Ireland, Switzerland, The United Kingdom

So I don't know how you got it, but I'm guessing that Portuguese, probably isn't available as a supported language pack.

Those are just the countries that have a dedicated/updated website for Avast One, while all the others still only give you Avast Antivirus, I'm guessing Avast One is only available in those languages then...
But of course you can download it from anywhere in the world, it's available in English worldwide.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2022, 04:54:53 AM by David_27 »

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2022, 12:05:01 PM »
<snip quote>
Those are just the countries that have a dedicated/updated website for Avast One, while all the others still only give you Avast Antivirus, I'm guessing Avast One is only available in those languages then...
But of course you can download it from anywhere in the world, it's available in English worldwide.

1.  That would be my guess, until they have the language support for the country/language you couldn't download a language pack and switch language.

2.  Some could also be using a VPN to download but only the language for that VPN location.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline David_27

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2022, 05:30:10 AM »
Any ideia when it will be available in other languages?