Author Topic: multiple infections avast didn't stop , Help  (Read 3336 times)

lorica

multiple infections avast didn't stop , Help
« on: November 19, 2007, 04:37:15 AM »
my son's logged on to his on line game the other day, and now he has 2icons on his desk top 1tool bar that when you mouse over it makes a balloon that says you have multiple virus and Your computer is infected with ad ware or spyware that displays advertisements while you browse the Internet. would you like to download additional software to remove malware threads and protect your system?" yes  is spelled with a "h"  .he also keeps getting a pop up on internet explorer, (which we dont use), a windows alert pop up keeps comming up saying  my computer is infested with trojan horses, and worms. i don't know whats going on. trojan-spy.win32@mx.  the desk top icons are one is a green shield with a check mark in the middle that says online security guide
: the other is a blue shield that has an ! in the middle saying live safety center
spybot isn't working , avast hasn't touched it. even whenhe ran the scan and none of the other spyware things have found anything, he can't get online with a browser and his computer is running really slow. baloon also says SECURTIY ALERT: networm-i.virus@fp click this balloon to download the newest form of protection.

Offline oldman

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Some days..... MOS...this bug's for you
Re: multiple infections avast didn't stop , Help
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 06:16:14 AM »
Don't click on the ballons, you'll only get more.

Download  superantispyware

First update SAS Then

Under Configuration and Preferences, click the Preferences button.
Then click the Scanning Control tab.

Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked
- Ignore files larger than 4 MB
- Close browsers before scanning
- Scan for tracking cookies
- Terminate memory threats before quaranine.

leave the others unchecked.

Return to the main page by clicking close on that screen. On the main screen, under Scan for Harmful Software click Scan your computer. On the left check C:\Fixed Drive.(and other fixed drives)
Under Complete Scan, choose Perform Complete Scan.
ยท Click Next to start the scan.

When the scan is done, quarentine everything found . Reboot if asked. You can post the log in your next reply if you wish.

Let the scan run, it may take some time. There may be more to remove afterwards.

lorica

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2007, 04:15:48 AM »
I tried to do what you said but we can't open any internet browsers:(

Offline oldman

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Some days..... MOS...this bug's for you
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2007, 05:17:16 AM »
Well, I don't know what to tell you, except, please do not plug in any usb device into that computer. Without any type of log to go by, it's difficult to say what the machine is infected with. If it's an autorun of some type it will spread to any usb devices plugged into it.

Maybe someone else has an idea on how to get browser open.