Author Topic: avast tray icon issue  (Read 804 times)

Offline bal

avast tray icon issue
« on: January 21, 2022, 02:39:04 AM »
I think about 2 years ago, I was an Avast premium user and submitted an issue that had been going on for decades with the tray icon (all Windows computers - XP, Vista, 7, 10, laptops/desktops, everywhere Windows). This was the issue: If you have the "Show Avast tray icon" unchecked in the Notifications, and restart Windows/File Explorer, the tray icon shows itself, and a look in the Settings shows that it's still unchecked. You'd have to check it, then uncheck it again to hide it.
Upon the engineering's team review, they said it was impossible to fix, and closed the ticket. Some few months later, they actually DID fix it, with no communication to anyone; I just happened to stumble on it. I was pleased despite hearing back that it was an impossibilty.
Sadly though, we're now at the point where avast has yet again broken the "show avast tray icon". THIS time it shows up when first logging into a machine -- just log out of a Windows account, log back in and it shows -- and again, the box is unchecked. Check the box, uncheck the box to hide it again. Any chance support can fix this? Who else experiences this?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: avast tray icon issue
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2022, 03:35:08 AM »
There are a few topics about this issue and an Avast Team member has indicated this will be fixed in the next release.

Hi,

The fix will be released in version 22.1
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security