Author Topic: Comodo 3 system resources?  (Read 45720 times)

Hard_ROCKER

Re: Comodo 3 system resources?
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2007, 08:34:44 PM »
Hi Damian !

Glad that your Comodo experience is going well, unlike my own. I'm perfectly satisfied with what i have right now so Comodo not working for me is not the end of the world . ;) Besides i'm tired of switching firewalls all the time. If Comodo works for you and you like it than use it by all means. I'm not trying to get anyone away from Comodo i just posted my experience with it.

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2007, 11:06:12 PM »
Hi Miha,

Never even suggested such a thing. It is completely depending on what you run on your OS. Well Comodo FW also has its hickups sometimes to launch an application for instance VLC media player with Comode FW not only does it need Trusted Application Status also must be run as an installer before Comodo FW Pro allows me to start it up to run streaming radio. So it is not all sugar and cream, on the other hand they actually thought of all sort of things there. I only left ZA because it crashed on launching Tor.exe, and when a firewall does not allow a legit application to be started or even crashes, I have to say goodbye to such a piece of software.

Damian
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2007, 11:22:02 PM »
Not at Comodo forum, that's sure thing...  ::)
See the thread I'm waiting for help until today morning...
https://forums.comodo.com/bug_reports/network_driver_not_being_installed-t15197.0.html;msg105728#msg105728
I'm afraid to bump the thread and get vanished by the Moderator :'(
The best things in life are free.

Hard_ROCKER

« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2007, 12:22:09 AM »
and when a firewall does not allow a legit application to be started or even crashes, I have to say goodbye to such a piece of software.

Exactly !

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2007, 12:40:11 AM »
That is a very important aspect, and the developers of the Avast Firewall better keep this in mind. You have to consider various patterns of users, and have various levels of the firewall with these various users in mind.
I for instance am a user that like my port 80 actions safe/secure, and also my media ports (radio, video etc). I like secure webmail. I do not use services like messaging, skype etc. I like to monitor what goes on under the hood. Other users have other demands: safe downloading, sharing, blogging, Web 2.0 or Web 3.0 security. Not an easy task to serve a firewall for all tastes...

polonus
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2007, 01:18:30 AM »
That is a very important aspect, and the developers of the Avast Firewall better keep this in mind. You have to consider various patterns of users, and have various levels of the firewall with these various users in mind.
I hope they keep this in mind... but knowing the team, we can't sleep in peace, they know what support is.

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2007, 02:12:42 AM »
and when a firewall does not allow a legit application to be started or even crashes, I have to say goodbye to such a piece of software.

Exactly !

Hahaha you should see what happened when I installed that piece of crap Online Armour or whatever it's called (trying to forget it ASAP). Whole computer froze, not a single application would even start, total mess. Thanks God for Norton Ghost... it saved my life million of times. Worst of all I am not the only one... so many people reported exactly the same issues...
MB: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H Intel 7 Series  - LGA1155, CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K - Quad Core, 3.40GHz (3.80GHz Max Turbo), CPU COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Direct Heat Pipe R2, RAM: 16 GB Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3, VIDEO CARD: Galaxy GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 1GB, GDDR5, POWER SUPPLY: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 - 750 Watts, HD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB, 7200RPM, 64MB, SATA 6Gb/s

Hard_ROCKER

« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2007, 08:55:55 AM »
Not at Comodo forum, that's sure thing...  ::)
See the thread I'm waiting for help until today morning...
https://forums.comodo.com/bug_reports/network_driver_not_being_installed-t15197.0.html;msg105728#msg105728
I'm afraid to bump the thread and get vanished by the Moderator :'(

There you go, you got some replies ... ;)

Hahaha you should see what happened when I installed that piece of crap Online Armour or whatever it's called (trying to forget it ASAP). Whole computer froze, not a single application would even start, total mess. Thanks God for Norton Ghost... it saved my life million of times. Worst of all I am not the only one... so many people reported exactly the same issues...

I wanted to give it a try but it doesn't work with Vista yet ... Like i said i'm tired of switching firewalls, i'll put PC Tools back on today when i reinstall Vista(new mobo and graphics card, yeepee !).

P.S: We sure strayed off the topic on this thread hihi  ;D

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2007, 03:26:52 PM »
i'm tired of switching firewalls
Now I have the impression that some of the Comodo betas messed my installation and is avoiding any firewall to be correctly installed...

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2007, 03:44:11 PM »
I would search every single corner for leftovers of each and every firewall you installed in the past. Clean registry and if needed do it manually. If you have some older system image backup, just restore it and start clean. That's why I always have my most recent super stable system image ready, and I also keep super clean Windows installation with all security updates available at that point without any single third party application installed... just pure and untouched Windows SP2. I keep that image on my DVD and if I ever need to go back, I have it ready... in less than 10 minutes I am up and running a super clean installation of Windows XP Pro SP2. How much time it would take me to install it from the scratch ? Of course prior restoring any one of those backups, I do backup of all my documents and my emails, Firefox bookmarks etc. All my work source files are on a separate partition anyway, so I never touch them when restoring my system. I also have all my work files backed up on a separate external HD and two DVDs.

Don't know what to advise you Tech, but those two possibilities may help...  :-\
MB: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H Intel 7 Series  - LGA1155, CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K - Quad Core, 3.40GHz (3.80GHz Max Turbo), CPU COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Direct Heat Pipe R2, RAM: 16 GB Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3, VIDEO CARD: Galaxy GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 1GB, GDDR5, POWER SUPPLY: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 - 750 Watts, HD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB, 7200RPM, 64MB, SATA 6Gb/s

Offline SpeedyPC

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Avast shall conquer the whole world
« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2007, 04:49:44 PM »
Tech make you delete three directory related to Comodo after you uninstall the software before you run the register cleaner.

Look for (#### mean in your user name)

1. C:\Documents and Settings\####\Application Data\Comodo

2. C:\Documents and Settings\####\Local Settings\Application Data\Comodo

3. C:\Program Files\COMODO
« Last Edit: November 23, 2007, 04:53:53 PM by SpeedyPC »
Gigabyte 670 LGA1200 Full ATX MB | Intel Core i9-13900 CPU/LGA 1700 | GeForce Nvidia RTX-4070/12GB | 32GB DDR4 | 2 x 1TB Samsung SSD | W11 Home 64bit | Avast Premium v23.11.6090 | Avast SecureLine VPN | Avast Secure Browser | Avast Driver Updater | Avast BreachGuard | Firefox 64bit | MalwareBytes Premium | Adguard Premium | CCleaner Portable | Macrium Reflect | 7-Zip

Offline Dwarden

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Ideas, that's ocean without borders!
    • Bohemia Interactive
« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2007, 05:06:21 PM »
people need to realize this is new milestone in Comodo firewall , major build, rewrite of most code, new features and all must work for thousands different configs ...

You seriously cant't await they gunna get all right instantly ...

yet the product is very promising and considering it's competition in Online Armor or Outpost 2008 suite

it does quite well in free price category ...

https://twitter.com/FoltynD , Tech. Community, Online Services & Distribution manager of Bohemia Interactive

ronnycopeh

« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2007, 05:27:57 PM »
Comodo is no longer in beta, the new comodo 3 was released this week and works good with vista
http://www.personalfirewall.comodo.com/

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2007, 06:22:39 PM »
Tech make you delete three directory related to Comodo after you uninstall the software before you run the register cleaner.

Look for (#### mean in your user name)

1. C:\Documents and Settings\####\Application Data\Comodo

2. C:\Documents and Settings\####\Local Settings\Application Data\Comodo

3. C:\Program Files\COMODO
Speedy, these folders seems related to XP, not to Vista. Am I wrong?

Rafel

« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2007, 07:08:45 PM »
I think he says you must delete only the folders named COMODO in those paths.