Author Topic: Recent (last) update basic behavior changes  (Read 9977 times)

Offline dwh

Recent (last) update basic behavior changes
« on: January 21, 2022, 06:50:24 PM »
I currently have version 6.45.1 on my Motorola One 5G phone.  The normal Avast icon has disappeared from Notifications (e.g. the notification that informs Avast is protecting you; I have the following notifications turned off: "Discounts and promos," Permanent," "Progress"), and a scheduled scan has started running daily despite the scheduled scan setting being turned off (see the image attached).

-dwh

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: Recent (last) update basic behavior changes
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2022, 11:11:31 AM »
Hi,

Please uninstall and reinstall Avast Mobile Security and grant all the necessary permissions as shown in the app wizard.
https://support.avast.com/en-ww/article/Uninstall-Mobile-Security/
https://support.avast.com/en-ww/article/Install-Mobile-Security/

Offline dwh

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2022, 07:09:02 PM »
Please uninstall and reinstall Avast Mobile Security and grant all the necessary permissions as shown in the app wizard.
Looks OK after doing so.  Thanks.
-dwh

Offline dwh

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2022, 10:37:26 PM »
Spoke too soon.  See the attachment.  After the reload, Scheduled scanning is locked, but has (default) greyed-out settings for 10AM on Mondays.  It took until today (e.g. the Monday after the reload) for the unexpected automatic scan notification to surface.  It seems pretty clear that the automatic scan process is not noticing that automatic scanning is disabled and is going ahead despite.  I smell a bug.
-dwh
« Last Edit: February 01, 2022, 12:16:15 AM by dwh »

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2022, 03:04:45 PM »
Spoke too soon.  See the attachment.  After the reload, Scheduled scanning is locked, but has (default) greyed-out settings for 10AM on Mondays.  It took until today (e.g. the Monday after the reload) for the unexpected automatic scan notification to surface.  It seems pretty clear that the automatic scan process is not noticing that automatic scanning is disabled and is going ahead despite.  I smell a bug.
-dwh

Hi,

Did you have any earlier versions installed and did you make use of automatic scanning?
Can you please upload a screenshot showing the scan in the Activity log (Menu > Settings > Activity log)

Offline dwh

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2022, 07:45:21 PM »
Did you have any earlier versions installed and did you make use of automatic scanning?
Can you please upload a screenshot showing the scan in the Activity log (Menu > Settings > Activity log)

I've had earlier versions installed but those should have been gone when I removed and reinstalled, right?  AFAIK, I've never made use of automatic scanning.

The "Menu > Settings > Activity log" screenshot attached has January 31 expanded and the page scrolled to the bottom.  This shows when the scheduled scan was done and also that the logs started January 24 (when I did the reinstall).

-dwh

(The attachment doesn't work.  I end up at a blank page and the post doesn't show up.)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2022, 07:51:12 PM by dwh »

Offline LarryGW

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2022, 03:28:19 PM »
Secure browser does not work since last update. It displays the search screen and immediately goes blank. (Android 11, Motorola Moto G 5G)

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2022, 09:09:45 AM »
Secure browser does not work since last update. It displays the search screen and immediately goes blank. (Android 11, Motorola Moto G 5G)
-> https://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=120.0
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline dwh

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2022, 05:35:07 PM »

I've sent the debug logs per your email request.

-dwh

(Note: I tried to do the screenshot attachment again with the same result.  I wonder if a recent forum change has broken the attachment process.)

Offline cska133

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2022, 09:17:39 PM »
I also noticed that misbihavior (planned scan running but plan-scan option is disabled/greyed out) after upgrading to version 6.45, even after deinstall and resinstall of the app. Dispate the fact that now after reinstall plan scan option is no more free feature :(
« Last Edit: February 08, 2022, 09:19:17 PM by cska133 »

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2022, 01:15:13 PM »

I've sent the debug logs per your email request.

-dwh

(Note: I tried to do the screenshot attachment again with the same result.  I wonder if a recent forum change has broken the attachment process.)

Thank you.
There has not been any change on the forum. Try a different browser.

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2022, 01:20:56 PM »
I also noticed that misbihavior (planned scan running but plan-scan option is disabled/greyed out) after upgrading to version 6.45, even after deinstall and resinstall of the app. Dispate the fact that now after reinstall plan scan option is no more free feature :(

Hi,

Our developers are looking into this issue.
(automatic scanning is no longer part of the free version)

Offline dwh

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2022, 06:29:21 AM »
There has not been any change on the forum. Try a different browser.

I tried, Opera, Brave, Pale Moon, LibreWolf, Credge, and even IE.  Some gave the blank page, others indicated a problem with the site mentioning HTTP ERROR 500.  (Note that I'm reading the forum from my desktop and not my phone.)

-dwh

Offline cska133

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2022, 09:27:31 AM »
Hi,

ok, thanks.

What about  the ussue with the missing automatic update of the virus definitions https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=305737.msg1679230#new ?

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2022, 10:14:19 AM »
Hi,

ok, thanks.

What about  the ussue with the missing automatic update of the virus definitions https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=305737.msg1679230#new ?

I replied to it.