Author Topic: Recent (last) update basic behavior changes  (Read 9978 times)

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: Recent (last) update basic behavior changes
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2022, 10:18:05 AM »
There has not been any change on the forum. Try a different browser.

I tried, Opera, Brave, Pale Moon, LibreWolf, Credge, and even IE.  Some gave the blank page, others indicated a problem with the site mentioning HTTP ERROR 500.  (Note that I'm reading the forum from my desktop and not my phone.)

-dwh

Hi,

Please add the screenshot of the error you receive on your phone (to the forum via your desktop or paste a link from an image host).

Offline dwh

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2022, 11:54:03 PM »
Please add the screenshot of the error you receive on your phone (to the forum via your desktop or paste a link from an image host).

Here's the screenshot I've not been able to post:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BZW4vH6LTqlAK1CNuFLoJDY_Kwp8HGOg/view?usp=sharing

Technically, it's not an error but the Activity Log page you requested (scrolled/expanded as I described).  If you're after something else, such as the error page from one of the browsers that shows an error message when posting with an attachment fails, let me know.

-dwh

Offline dwh

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2022, 10:09:13 PM »
I've received feedback that the issue of scheduled scanning happening in spite of being turned off (disabled for free) is expected to be fixed in 6.47.0.

-dwh

(The issue of posting failing when the post has an attachment has also just been confirmed using a browser on my phone, not just on my desktop system.)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2022, 10:43:54 PM by dwh »

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2022, 02:28:50 PM »

(The issue of posting failing when the post has an attachment has also just been confirmed using a browser on my phone, not just on my desktop system.)

Please add a screenshot of the error message you get. I tried again on both desktop and mobile using Chrome and Firefox and could not reproduce the issue.

Offline dwh

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2022, 04:12:21 PM »

Please add a screenshot of the error message you get. I tried again on both desktop and mobile using Chrome and Firefox and could not reproduce the issue.

Here's IE on Windows 10:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NhPvH1JTDr9iUvlFhuuObFy891pNddnc/view?usp=sharing

-dwh

Offline cska133

« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2022, 05:39:49 PM »
I've received feedback that the issue of scheduled scanning happening in spite of being turned off (disabled for free) is expected to be fixed in 6.47.0.

-dwh

how did you contact to Avast directly because of this issue? Via Email or special web page?

Offline dwh

« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2022, 08:33:22 PM »

-dwh

how did you contact to Avast directly because of this issue? Via Email or special web page?

I didn't.  Avast support contacted me directly in response to my posts in this topic.

-dwh

Offline dwh

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2022, 05:06:58 AM »

Just to report that 6.47.0 arrived to my phone today and I went ahead and installed it.  I won't be able to tell if it works for this until after 10am local time Monday when the (hopefully unavailable) greyed-out schedule has the run checked to happen.

-dwh

Offline dwh

« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2022, 07:24:20 AM »
6.47.0 passed the test: the unwanted (and unavailable) automatic scan did not happen this morning.

-dwh