Author Topic: Comodo firewall 3 conflicts  (Read 15721 times)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Comodo firewall 3 conflicts
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2007, 09:09:56 PM »
Cactus, messing two Comodo versions won't help for sure.
I suggest you keep the latest v3. But, if for any reason, you need to keep v2, do not update it ;)
The best things in life are free.

Cactusjack

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2007, 10:58:17 PM »
I left a print of the ComodoFirewall 2.4.185 in me post before this,en there you can see that the Firewall is running whit the Data of V3 but the print are removed.
And beside i use XPHome and XP Pro.
Before the update to the New Firewall going everything verrywell.
But then are there a message that a Update to version V3 are availeble.
And i take the new Firewall whit Bugs and no translation.
So i remove the New Firewall and did extreemly cleaning.
I use the link to the Comodo 2.4.185 but whit the wrong data,but it running fine.

I like now to know are these combination a danger for me 2 comps?
Thats all i want to know.
PS:I use Prevx2 and Prevx CSI and thats water and Fire,becouse bote use HIPS and the new Comodo too.
So you must change the settings,and Rednose on the Comodo Forum say me witch one.

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2007, 11:14:30 PM »
Hi cactusjack,

Just upgraded to Comodo version 3.0 while the original Comodo version was still there (Win XP Home),
did not detect any upgrade problems. The trick here is that Comodo version 3 is much more strict and for some programs you have to allow install status else it alerts for every one and all dll's that are being changed during the process. As the firewall is set properly the absence of alerts is a comfort to the user. View active connections is a very welcome feature. I had a monitor program to do that that I had adopted to my personal likings using Resource Hacker, still use that to get a view of all my undergoing connections and save the logs for later inspection, like "Open Time, Close Time, Remote Address, Remote Hostname, Remote Port, Network Interface, Local Port, Service Type".
The only program that gave me some adjustments to make were the updates for Ad-Aware 2007, might to have to reinstall that to fit my new Comodo settings.

That's it basically,

polonus
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!

martosurf

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2007, 07:36:56 PM »
If you're sure your PC is clean you can run Comodo 3 in Clean PC mode for a while and let the HIPS system meet your OS and applications and configure itself. Nevermind, activating some of the features set to off at install time could give extra protection.

I'm running avast! Pro latest (1098) and the only 'issue' I've found so far is those two or three files (avast.setup is one of them) that I can't add to My Own Safe files list -white list them- no matter what I do.

Also I would like to say I'm very pleased with this new version since is *much* lighter than previous 2.4 version and a *lot* more secure because it's new capabilities.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 07:39:17 PM by martosurf »