Author Topic: Home guidance needed  (Read 10656 times)

rodzthomas

Re: Home guidance needed
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2007, 04:18:14 AM »
It said that in "Lacals...delus.exe" cannot be found. What is that? Sorry, Im learning :)
Who said that?
Can you post a screenshot of the message?
The only way to know what is it, will be knowing what is behind the ... on the file name.

I tried to get a screenshot. The thing is, It happened just before windows loaded. After that, windows loads as usual. Im using windows XPp2

rodzthomas

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2007, 08:20:41 AM »
here's a link on that file i mentioned

http://www.file.net/process/delus.exe.html

it seems its related to antivir.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2007, 08:30:04 AM by rodzthomas »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2007, 06:02:15 PM »
It happened just before windows loaded. After that, windows loads as usual.
Any useful information into Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Events, specially 'Errors'.
The best things in life are free.

rodzthomas

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2007, 09:14:18 AM »
It happened just before windows loaded. After that, windows loads as usual.
Any useful information into Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Events, specially 'Errors'.

Sorry for the late reply. Will check it tonight... I did a full registry cleaning and that prompt did not happen again... but i still will check the "specially errors"

Thanks again...

rodzthomas

« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2007, 10:56:18 AM »
i couldn't find the section u mention. But this is the latest scan...

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2007, 12:32:08 PM »
The error is 'unable to scan'. Files that can't be scanned are just that, not an indication they are suspicious/infected, just unable to be scanned. Two of them could be access protected into System Volume.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2007, 04:48:22 PM »
From the image, that looks like it is likely to be a virus signature file, avscan.dll so it would appear that this is unencrypted otherwise avast wouldn't be able to scan it. avast can't extract part of the avscan.dll 'archive' without corrupting the dll I would think so the operation is unsupported and failed.

Do you know what this avscan.dll came with, in your computer stuff\...(sub folder not shown in the image)\ if it is an installed AV I would suggest that you uninstall or remove it. It could be windows onecare or antivir

Component Name: avscan.dll

Description of avscan.dll
This is a component of  Microsoft Windows OneCare Live. Windows Live OneCare, from Microsoft, is a suite designed to integrate anti-spyware, anti-virus, firewall and other security functions.

OR

Component Name: avscan.dll

Description of avscan.dll
This is a component of  Avira AntiVir Personal. AntiVir PersonalEdition is a security software that can detect and remove viruses, unwanted programs, and other malware types. Scans can be configured and employ both database and behavior-based methods in detecting the presence of a virus on a computer. It can schedule single or recurring tasks such as updates and scans.

Or perhaps something different but using this file name.

I would suggest cleaning up the system information information folder and recover some HDD space.

Create Clean Restore Point - Clear old Restore Points.
Create a clean System Restore point:
1. Click Start, All Programs, Accessories, System tools, System Restore.
2. In the pop-up that appears fill in the radio button to Create a Restore Point
3. Click NEXT
4. Enter a useful name that you will remember if you need to find this again (Clean Restore Point)
5. Click CREATE

You now have a clean restore point, you should clear the old ones:
1. Click Start, All Programs, Accessories, System tools, Disk Clean Up
2. Click OK on the C: drive
3. Click the More Options tab
4. In the System Restore section click the Clean Up button
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

rodzthomas

« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2007, 04:17:33 AM »
Thank you. Will get to it later.

Regarding the computerstuff... section, I had an installer there incase avast was not as good as avira. So when i was happy with avast i just deleted the avira installer.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2007, 02:31:44 PM »
Your welcome, looks like some remnants like that dll file were left.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

rodzthomas

« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2007, 03:31:49 AM »
did the "restore points" clean up and this is the results now.... How do i get rid of that? So far, thanks for all the help!

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2007, 02:53:32 PM »
You don't have to 'get rid' of it.
Just because it seems a problem with the avast unpacker (RAR) and/or the archive itself.
A file that can't be scanned is not necessarily an infected file.
Don't worry with this particular file...

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2007, 03:24:03 PM »
did the "restore points" clean up and this is the results now.... How do i get rid of that? So far, thanks for all the help!

<snip>
Regarding the computerstuff... section, I had an installer there incase avast was not as good as avira. So when i was happy with avast i just deleted the avira installer.

It doesn't look like you got rid of the installer.

Just clear out the redundant data from your computer stuff folder, since you said you got rid of avira, get rid of the remnants, antivir_workstation_win7u_eng_h.exe, that is the file that contains avscan.dll and end of messages.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2007, 03:25:56 PM by DavidR »

rodzthomas

« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2007, 05:27:44 PM »
Done. Thanks alot guys...

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2007, 06:29:02 PM »
Your welcome.