Author Topic: Browser no longer opening  (Read 1547 times)

Offline tejpal

Browser no longer opening
« on: February 01, 2022, 07:44:02 PM »
So i've a bad habit of leaving multiple tabs open.
I've used Secure browser for many years but today is the first day I have gotten stuck.

I'm starting the browser from a previous crash so want to ensure I do restore the previous tabs.
It opens the frame of the various browser windows and it seems that data is loading, however after several minutes it appears to time out and close down.

I already uninstalled and reinstalled. I do get the initial browser page up but its only when I accept to restore previous pages is when it cannot complete that process.

Would love to hear the steps I need to do to recover tabs, then I can start closing some.

I'm on 64-bit Windows 10.

Thanks in advance

Offline DiePet

• Avast team
Re: Browser no longer opening
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2022, 09:52:40 AM »
Hello tejpal,
it may be helpful in your case to open the individual pages (tabs) from the history, provided they have not been deleted. To do this, go to the 3 points on the top right and then "History" or directly with "Ctrl + H" to select and close the individual pages that are causing problems.

Offline tejpal

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2022, 11:17:39 PM »
Thank you DiePet,

Ctrl-H is great resource for picking out individual pages.

What I am trying to do though is restore an entire browser with all its tabs at once.
Normally what happens when it crashes I go to the three dots, History, Recently closed, then it will say number of tabs, for example 11 tabs or 15 tabs
Clicking on those will open into a new browser window all of those 11 or 15 tabs.

Any idea how to access the a deeper recent list or a different way of accessing  eg 11 tabs or 15 tabs ie all browser tabs not just individual pages?

Offline DiePet

• Avast team
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2022, 09:44:20 AM »
Hello tejpal,

unfortunately, I don't know of any way either, but you can open each individual entry in the history with a right click --> "Open link in new tab" in the browser.

Hope it will help you.  :)