Author Topic: skin maker?  (Read 3912 times)

cheater388

skin maker?
« on: March 20, 2004, 02:43:44 AM »
I have been wanting to make my own AVAST!4 skin.

can someone post the program that can do this?

one catch, it has to be of the easyest interface posible.

can someone find this program please?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:skin maker?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2004, 03:09:57 AM »
Can you send an IM to Sasha?
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=1;action=imsend;to=S.Z.Craftec

He knows everything (everything!) about avast! skins  ;D
The best things in life are free.

S.Z.Craftec

Re:skin maker?
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2004, 03:24:53 AM »
Thanks Technical, but no one knows everything about anything...  ;D Anyway, Cheater388...

The program that you need for making avast! skins is ActiveSkin's SkinBuilder. Just search using Google.

The problem is, it's not one of easiest interfaces... it's not one of those "import-picture-and-go" skins. If you want complete truth, it's quite complicated especially for beginners. There are lot of parameters to be set, and biggest problem is 'cause SkinBuilder has some nasty bugs inside itself... so you have to be very careful when you are compiling your skin. In normal conditions making of one good skin would take approximately around 3-4 full days (if you can spend 8 hours working on each skin). First of all you have to come up with good idea (believe me, it takes time), second and most complicated and time consuming is to draw all those hundreds and hundreds little pieces of graphics, button states, not to mention animations. You have to follow all those avast! rules if you want your skin to be published... Finally, you have to compile everything in one good final skin product...

Good luck my friend !