Author Topic: Driver Updater missing core feature.  (Read 4060 times)

Offline Matrix2

Driver Updater missing core feature.
« on: January 30, 2022, 03:46:58 AM »
When using a driver updater you have it for two reasons, to use when first booting a new instance of windows or maintaining the drivers on a computer over time. This products fails at half it's job. The program will not be able to detect if devices do not have drivers. This means that in the two scenarios that it'd be really nice for it to do it's job it doesn't. For example new boot, the bluetooth driver is missing, would be nice if it detected it and installed the relevant driver. But of course not. And if you installed a new device on you pc that doesn't have a driver installed already well good luck because Avast Driver Updater won't be helping you.

I've been using ****** for a few years now and I've realised that moving to Avast is a mistake because you can't even do the basics.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2022, 10:22:19 AM by _Uli_ »

Offline _Uli_

• Avast team
Re: Driver Updater missing core feature.
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2022, 10:21:50 AM »
Hi,

I am sorry, but basically your statement is not correct. Windows automatically installs so-called inbox drivers for almost any device and of course our software can update them.

However, we are happy to look at the problem. Please send us more information about your hardware and the hardware IDs of the problematic devices - so we can check what's going wrong on your side. Thank you!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2022, 10:25:27 AM by _Uli_ »