Author Topic: cant defrag  (Read 2657 times)

Offline bri

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • U.S.A
cant defrag
« on: November 27, 2007, 12:19:33 AM »
when i open xp defarg and hit analyze or defrag it does nothing,thried installing power defrag and the same thing happens then i tried to install diskeeper lite and when installing i get this  error 1920.service diskeeper failed to start verify that you have sufficient privileges  to start system services,im using computer admin account?i tried to check te drive(disc)for errors and when i reboot and it starts checking it says cant open volume for direct access?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 12:39:35 AM by bri »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: cant defrag
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2007, 01:58:33 AM »
when i open xp defarg and hit analyze or defrag it does nothing,thried installing power defrag and the same thing happens
What 'same thing'?

then i tried to install diskeeper lite and when installing i get this  error 1920.service diskeeper failed to start verify that you have sufficient privileges  to start system services,im using computer admin account?
Are you using an account with admin privileges or not?

i tried to check te drive(disc)for errors and when i reboot and it starts checking it says cant open volume for direct access?
Really? After you boot you can't access the drive at boot time to check the disk? Hmm...
The best things in life are free.

Offline bri

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • U.S.A
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2007, 03:06:47 AM »
same thing meaning when i hit defrag it does nothing does not defrag,i only have 1 user account on this pc and it says computer adm does that mean i have adm privileges?yup after i boot and try to check disc for errors cant access it?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2007, 12:50:43 PM »
i only have 1 user account on this pc and it says computer adm does that mean i have adm privileges?
Yes, you have admin rights.

yup after i boot and try to check disc for errors cant access it?
Is there any error message?
The best things in life are free.