Author Topic: Coinbase Spam  (Read 1507 times)

Offline alanb

• Poster
Coinbase Spam
« on: February 03, 2022, 07:15:47 PM »
Many new users complain here about the (admittedly awful) Captchas, and the (reasonable) reply from most regular users is Spam protection".

I logged on today and there are 6 pages of such spam.  Clearly the "spam protection" is no such thing.

I volunteer on many support forums of different types/disciplines  and Avast's (a cyber security company) has the worst record of any by a long, long way  :(

C'mon guys  :-[

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Coinbase Spam
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2022, 08:24:48 PM »
We Avast users (with permissions), who have been deal with this cr4p for a very long time are constantly asking for anti-spam measures.  Even those of us trying to deal with it are in many different time zones but we can't be on-line 24/7.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2022, 09:00:37 PM »
I've been following such complaints/Requests by the folks (with Permissions)trying to deal with Spam increase for a number or years, the ones addressing the spam I know are doing all they can and still no anti Spam measures to assist. :-\

Offline rocksteady

• Super Poster
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2022, 02:18:23 PM »
Yes coinbase spam again and again. Just keep reporting to moderators. Guess they have limited capacity to stop it as it keeps coming back again and again. Seeing it here all the time, does not do Avast reputation any good IMO.