Author Topic: How to remove useless floating icon from android  (Read 12903 times)

Offline irwin.lev

How to remove useless floating icon from android
« on: February 04, 2022, 06:42:05 AM »
After installing cleanup a small floating version of the cleanup icon floats around my screen.  It is useless.  Touching it does nothing.  All I can do is move it from one place to another when it gets in the way.

How do I get rid of this annoying icon?

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: How to remove useless floating icon from android
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2022, 11:24:08 AM »
Hi,

What is the make and model of your phone? Which Android version do you have?
Please attach a screenshot of the floating icon. Please see this article on how to generate a screenshot. https://support.avast.com/en-ww/article/Create-screenshot

Offline irwin.lev

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2022, 04:36:14 PM »
I am using Android 12 on a Pixel 5a5g.  When I take a screenshot, the floating icon does not appear.  So I used another phone to take the screenshot.

Another clue: after my post I installed energy ring, an app that represents the battery level by an arc around the selfie camera lens.  As you can see in the attached PNG, an icon of energy ring has joined the icon of Avast Cleanup.

Offline irwin.lev

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2022, 05:01:42 PM »
I figured it out.  In the Pixel 5a5g Android 12: settings/Accessibility/Avast Cleanup/Avast Cleanup Shortcut/OFF.

Thanks to Cindy S1 in the android central forums.

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2022, 05:45:53 PM »
I am using Android 12 on a Pixel 5a5g.  When I take a screenshot, the floating icon does not appear.  So I used another phone to take the screenshot.

Another clue: after my post I installed energy ring, an app that represents the battery level by an arc around the selfie camera lens.  As you can see in the attached PNG, an icon of energy ring has joined the icon of Avast Cleanup.

Hi,

This is a feature in Android 12 for apps using "Accessibility"
Also mentioned here:  https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=308243.msg1670614#msg1670614