Author Topic: Avast double charging for Premium Security subscription.  (Read 1572 times)

Offline neilmoore_2000

Avast double charging for Premium Security subscription.
« on: July 14, 2020, 04:54:22 AM »
Upon checking my Avast account recently I discovered Avast had been double charging me for my Avast Premium subscription for close to a year now. One was a single years subscription, the other a two year subscription for the same product running concurrently!

No problem, this was clearly an error that could be easily rectified... cancel or refund one of the redundant subscriptions or simply have them run back to back rather than concurrently. But after a month or so back and forth correspondence with Avast, apparently this isn't a viable option for Avast who were obviously clearly quite happy charging me TWICE for the same product during the same period! Surely this is illegal? I'm now being forced to seek legal advice on how to proceed! This from a company I'd hitherto only had positive things to say about.

Incredible!!

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: Avast double charging for Premium Security subscription.
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2020, 10:08:34 AM »
Upon checking my Avast account recently I discovered Avast had been double charging me for my Avast Premium subscription for close to a year now. One was a single years subscription, the other a two year subscription for the same product running concurrently!

No problem, this was clearly an error that could be easily rectified... cancel or refund one of the redundant subscriptions or simply have them run back to back rather than concurrently. But after a month or so back and forth correspondence with Avast, apparently this isn't a viable option for Avast who were obviously clearly quite happy charging me TWICE for the same product during the same period! Surely this is illegal? I'm now being forced to seek legal advice on how to proceed! This from a company I'd hitherto only had positive things to say about.

Incredible!!

Hi,

Can you provide me with the ticket number(s) so that I can look into this case, please?

Offline neilmoore_2000

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2020, 11:27:44 AM »
Thanks for your interest r@vast but I'm happy to report the issue has now been resolved.

After perhaps half a dozen back and forth emails over the past few weeks during which I got absolutely no where, suddenly the issue was resolved to my satisfaction, within 24 hours of my beginning to post on social media and here about the problem. Probably not a coincidence... Anyway, I'm happy and can go back to trusting Avast once more.

Offline daniel131

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2022, 03:57:33 PM »
I'm having the same problem.

thay are charging me twice since 2019 ! I just noticed it today...

I wrote a request, I hope to have a positive answer..