Author Topic: License installed and accepted but receiving expiration messages  (Read 3652 times)

myNameHere

License installed and accepted but receiving expiration messages
« on: November 30, 2007, 03:49:12 PM »
This is post 2 of 2 (on the same server mentioned in the previous post)

I have a home user server (XP Pro SP2) that I recently installed Avast! 4.7 HE on. It doesn't have email on it so the registration key was aquired from a different computer.

The license key was recently installed on the computer but I still receive messages that Avast! is about to expire unless I register it.

I haven't un/reinstalled Avast! because the install seems so straight forward. I'm assuming there's another issue (such as the computer being named 'server', etc.)

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: License installed and accepted but receiving expiration messages
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 05:14:56 PM »
If you use this two computers only for Home and non-commercial, you can use the same key. Otherwise, you need the Professional version.
Check your system time and date, which generally could cause insert key failures...

See the tutorial:  http://www.avast.com/files/tutorials/insert_key.htm
Please take a look here: http://www.avast.com/eng/faq-invalid-license-number.html
The best things in life are free.

myNameHere

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2007, 07:17:02 PM »
Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately entering the key is not the issue.

I entered a key about a month ago. When I go to the About screen, I can see the key number. Avast! took the number with no problem.

When I reboot, I get a red pop-up that says "The Program Trial Period will end soon. Click here to remedy this...". The message is similar to the updated database/program pop-up. When I click on it I get large dialog box titled "Avast! Licensing" that says "To continue to protect your system from the lastest threats, you will need to obtain and insert a valid license key." then "Please choose an action to take:" My options are to obtain a key or upgrade, or Remind me later. There is no option to say it is already registered.

I hope this information is more helpful.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2007, 07:45:02 PM »
There is no option to say it is already registered.
Just adding the home key will transform your installation in it. You can try now.
If it fails, I suggest an installation from scratch adding the Home key after booting.

myNameHere

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2007, 01:38:34 PM »
Once the trial period expired it allowed me to reenter the key. This time it apparently identified it.

Thanks much.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2007, 10:11:00 PM »
Thanks much.
You're welcome. Glad everything is ok now. Feel free to come back any time you need help you just to change experiences 8)