Author Topic: Avast ignoring exclude file/folder & keep flagging file as bad  (Read 1415 times)

Offline Dariusz

Avast ignoring exclude file/folder & keep flagging file as bad
« on: February 14, 2022, 01:02:57 PM »
Hey

I'm a developer, I've got one file that is constantly being rebuilt & executed. Its unique encryption key generator.
It has to run on each run bla bla bla
Avast flags it as ransomware/etc.
I added file explicitly to exclude as path/file.exe as path/ as path/*.exe etc etc
Nothing works.
Every time file gets rebuilt & re-run avast is just a hell bend on flagging it and removing it.
Can you please tell me how to exclude a given file as nothing I do works?
Regards
Dariusz

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Dariusz

Re: Avast ignoring exclude file/folder & keep flagging file as bad
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2022, 02:56:14 PM »
I'm a developer...
-> https://support.avast.com/article/229/
-> https://support.avast.com/article/228/

I'm rebuilding the file every time I click build. Which is about 60-500x + an hour.
Do you want me to spam your service with 60-500+ files per hour of the same exe?

Or can you fix your exclude rules so it actually ignores files in a given directory?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2022, 06:16:50 PM »
The first link you were given related to developers.

Quote from: Heading
Avast file whitelisting is a service provided mainly to software developers to reduce the risk of false positive detections. A false positive is any clean file flagged as malicious.

Did you read that ?

Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Dariusz

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2022, 02:13:08 PM »
The first link you were given related to developers.

Quote from: Heading
Avast file whitelisting is a service provided mainly to software developers to reduce the risk of false positive detections. A false positive is any clean file flagged as malicious.

Did you read that ?

Code: [Select]
When you submit application files to the Avast Threat Labs, a group of analysts review the software for malicious or unwanted activity. Applications that are both free from malware and meet our guidelines for application transparency can be whitelisted.This means that I have to submit each build of my application for their consideration as the binary change on each build.

Now tell me again what good does it make to me?

I'm not interested in whitelisting final release build. But production tools which have nothing to do with public eye.

Just for the sake of argument. I've submited my interal app build to that servce 9 months ago and its still flagged as a virus despite it being on exclude list in my settings.

So to me the problem is with avast ignoring its eclude list.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2022, 02:14:50 PM by Dariusz »

Offline Dariusz

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2022, 11:32:26 AM »
Bump
How can I get avast to respect its exclude list application from scanning?

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2022, 12:21:25 PM »
Please post a screenshot of the exclusion settings, and also of the subsequent detection windows.