Author Topic: Wireless Driver update failing and Forcepad Error after update  (Read 6519 times)

Offline Zubin

Wireless Driver update failing and Forcepad Error after update
« on: February 16, 2022, 04:49:14 PM »
Hi,

I got couple of issues with the Avast driver updater.

1. I was loosing the pointer control very often after installing the driver update. The pointer looses the control automatically and moves away say, from a particular cell of an excel sheet. Need to again click back to get it back. I first thought it was a virus/malware but today got the "Forcepad driver tray Application Error". As mentioned in some threads here, I reverted the driver update for DELL keypad and the issue is solved.

2.  My wireless driver is having an issue, that is the prime reason why I purchased the driver updater. The updater updates the driver, but after restarting it reverts back automatically to the previous one . The details of the driver: DELL Wireless 1704 Bluetooth v4.0+HS, the existing (old) version is 12.0.1.658 .

In the first case, a problem is additionally created, while in the second one the existing problem for which the product was purchased still persist. Please explain reasons not to believe I made a big mistake by buying a product and trusting Avast.

I am an user of Avast AV since 2010 and the product you had was amazing. You come up with lot of new products - Great.  But why are you forcing us to buy all these by giving scary popups (your privacy is compromised, buy XYZ; Your internet is not safe, buy ABCD, Your Location is exposed, buy XXX). Most of us who purchase an AV know the vulnerabilities fairy well. Internet never can be foolproof is a fact which we all know. Then why being subscribers, we are made to feel that we are the most vulnerable ones with all sort of exposures. The same question I have for the driver updater from Avast too, I was all okay with my old drivers, now I have invited a problem and it is my headache to solve it!!..

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
Re: Wireless Driver update failing and Forcepad Error after update
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2022, 08:48:06 AM »
Hi,

I got couple of issues with the Avast driver updater.

1. I was loosing the pointer control very often after installing the driver update. The pointer looses the control automatically and moves away say, from a particular cell of an excel sheet. Need to again click back to get it back. I first thought it was a virus/malware but today got the "Forcepad driver tray Application Error". As mentioned in some threads here, I reverted the driver update for DELL keypad and the issue is solved.

2.  My wireless driver is having an issue, that is the prime reason why I purchased the driver updater. The updater updates the driver, but after restarting it reverts back automatically to the previous one . The details of the driver: DELL Wireless 1704 Bluetooth v4.0+HS, the existing (old) version is 12.0.1.658 .

In the first case, a problem is additionally created, while in the second one the existing problem for which the product was purchased still persist. Please explain reasons not to believe I made a big mistake by buying a product and trusting Avast.

I am an user of Avast AV since 2010 and the product you had was amazing. You come up with lot of new products - Great.  But why are you forcing us to buy all these by giving scary popups (your privacy is compromised, buy XYZ; Your internet is not safe, buy ABCD, Your Location is exposed, buy XXX). Most of us who purchase an AV know the vulnerabilities fairy well. Internet never can be foolproof is a fact which we all know. Then why being subscribers, we are made to feel that we are the most vulnerable ones with all sort of exposures. The same question I have for the driver updater from Avast too, I was all okay with my old drivers, now I have invited a problem and it is my headache to solve it!!..

Hi,

First of all let me sincerely apologize for all troubles associated with usage of our product.
In order to be able to help you I would like to ask you to send the log files so we can investigate where the problem is.

We replaced our previous log collector tool with the official Avast Support Tool which is more or less the same however just to make sure here is the process:
  • Open Driver Updater - Menu - Settings - Troubleshooting
  • Click "Open Support Tool" button at the top
  • Confirm the Windows User Access Control dialog to start the tool
  • After the initial check click "Next"
  • Fill in your email address so we can contact you afterwards if necessary
  • Click "Generate" button to start the process
  • When everything is finished, send me the code displayed in the final screen (see the attached picture) so we can find the right package associated with it

Thank you for you cooperation!

Offline Zubin

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2022, 01:30:44 PM »
Hi,

Thank you for your quick response.

I am sorry to let you know that "Open Support Tool" is not available in the Troubleshooting interface. What I have here are

Save Error Logs
Create System Restore points and
Send Crash reports

All of these are selected.

Please advice
Thanks
Subin

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2022, 02:31:51 PM »
Hi,

Thank you for your quick response.

I am sorry to let you know that "Open Support Tool" is not available in the Troubleshooting interface. What I have here are

Save Error Logs
Create System Restore points and
Send Crash reports

All of these are selected.

Please advice
Thanks
Subin

I am sorry I did not realize that it is visible only in Beta version for now.

Please follow this procedure then:
  • Navigate into c:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Driver Updater\
  • Look for SupportTool.exe and start it
  • Confirm the Windows User Access Control dialog to start the tool
  • After the initial check click "Next"
  • Fill in your email address so we can contact you afterwards if necessary
  • Click "Generate" button to start the process
  • When everything is finished, send me the code displayed in the final screen (see the attached picture) so we can find the right package associated with it

Thank you!

Offline Zubin

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2022, 05:06:01 PM »
Thank You once again..

I managed to get this done as per your instructions.

It had generated a file - 20220217_1429_203EJ_14694.zip with a file id 203EJ in my local drive, which I assume is what you need to analyse..

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2022, 08:50:55 AM »
Thank You once again..

It had generated a file - 20220217_1429_203EJ_14694.zip with a file id 203EJ in my local drive, which I assume is what you need to analyse..

Hi,

thank you very much for collecting the logs, we will take a look at them and get back to you as soon as we find something.

Have a nice day!

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2022, 04:55:57 PM »
Thank You once again..

Hi,

thank you very much for collecting the logs, we will take a look at them and get back to you as soon as we find something.

Have a nice day!

Hi,

unfortunately we were not able to find what we were looking for in the provided logs and we would need more info from you.

We are missing information such as:
  • Which driver was installed for the "Dell keypad"?
  • Which version for the "ELL Wireless 1704 Bluetooth v4.0+HS" was installed or reverted?
Screenshots from the Driver Updater with these two devices and Windows Device Manager could possibly help.

Could you please provide us with such pictures?
Thank you!

Offline Zubin

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2022, 03:19:05 AM »
Hi,

Please find the relevant screenshots. Hope this will help

Thanks