Author Topic: Avast and unprofessional looking  (Read 19812 times)

S.Z.Craftec

Re:Avast and unprofessional looking
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2004, 12:17:45 PM »
I saw all those nice comments for avast! skins and all I can say is :

THANK YOU GUYS !

Forall those who hates avast! skins... one more time...

No one force you to use them !!! No one... I made all my skins with love and I put 567% of my spare time into designing those skins. I didn't make any money on that. Everything is my good will. But, still I can see some people are always unhappy, complaining and all that crap...

Technical gave him very good advice... I'll put it this way with capital letters: ADVICE

"...go and buy pro version..."

Guys who keep complaining, aspecially that IANPB who wrote his comment at CNET - Spend some money, not just your bad words.  You probably never did something good and useful in your life, so you feel offended when you see that so many people are doing something good for other people, and also, you feel extraordinary need to make bad and ugly comments about other people's work. I'm sorry, but I have to say that I hate people like that, I hate them from the bottom of my heart. They are not just mad at those skins, they are probably mad as well for the rest of the things in the universe.  That kind of people is never satisfied. I just feel sorry I can not give him reply directly to CNET...  >:(

Thanks, and... ... ... ... ... when I catche some spare time, I'll make another and one more and another and one more skin for greatest antivirus in the world - avast! No one can stop me, especially that kind of people.

Cheers !
« Last Edit: March 11, 2004, 12:19:44 PM by S.Z.Craftec »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2004, 12:36:31 PM »
I was imagining how much time will I have to wait until you 'discover' this forum and post your opinion  ;D
We're with you Sasha  8)
The best things in life are free.

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2004, 01:21:15 PM »
Well my friend... I must confess that I saw it accidently... I decided, that I will not respond on this kind of threads in the future. Let it be...

That guy (IANPB) couldn't say his opinion in here, inside avast! forum... but instead of that, he went to CNET to say something stupid. He insulted me, Martin and all avast! users in general in the same time. Why he didn't say anything in here ? 'cause he is coward, most likely.

But, to be 100% true, I like those guys and their comments. It's a proof to me that I'm good... why ? 'cause we all can see that he will eat himself alive because he is not able to make skins like that... hihi  ;D

If I don't like someone else's work, I'll just shut up, or maybe give him some constructive comments, 'cause I know that he gave his best and he spent so much time doing that. I like to respect that. If I don't have anything nice to say, I'll just keep my mouth shut... that's my rule.

Cheers !
« Last Edit: March 11, 2004, 01:26:38 PM by S.Z.Craftec »

bbfi

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2004, 06:11:18 PM »
Sasha,

Don't let them get to you. Leave them in the Lord's hands. ;)

Like you said, they probably live miserable lives and can't do anything constructive themselves so they bad mouth others and complain and whine about everything. :-X

One day they will meet their Maker and let's see them explain their ways to Him. "...throw that worthless servant outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth" (Matthew 25:30 NIV). :o

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2004, 12:54:12 AM »
Thanks bbfi !

This is the best reason to visit this forum. I am surrounded with so many good people. Guys (and GIRLS, I don't wanna forget CoJo), you are so kind to me, so much love is in here. That's the way whole world should be... yeah, that's the way !

F4 wrote:
Personally, I think a messy skin is not the case but Avast's context menu ( a silly-sloppy blue ball ) makes Avast looks unprofessional.

What silly-sloppy blue ball ? The one that spins sometimes in the system tray ? I don't know who made it, but I also don't understand why you people hate that little icon ? F4, you're not the only one, I've heard that from some other users also... Personally, I like that icon very, very much. It looks kinda 3D, and it looks much better than some other icons for some very popular and expensive programs... a waaaay much better ! But, let's be serious for a moment...  :o
OK, it's enough... we can make jokes again...  ;D

P.S. Some day in the future, I guess someone will complain regarding my stupid avatar...  ;D They will always find something if they want... no cure for that.

Cheers !
« Last Edit: March 12, 2004, 12:57:35 AM by S.Z.Craftec »

bbfi

« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2004, 01:10:45 AM »
I guess someone will complain regarding my stupid avatar...
I was showing it to my wife today and I told her that I thought you looked a little like Jay Leno when he was younger.   ;D
« Last Edit: March 12, 2004, 01:11:34 AM by bbfi »

Offline MikeBCda

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2004, 01:19:37 AM »
If we have to "fix" any toolbar icons, how about the one for the VRDB generator, when it's running?  On my computer, at least, it's got a very odd appearance of -- rotating? -- with no fixed direction.  Looks almost like an animated GIF with its frames shuffled into random order.
Intel Atom D2700, 2 gig RAM, Win 7 x64 SP1 & IE-11, Firefox 51.0
(default). 320 gig HD, 15Mb DSL, Win firewall, Avast 12.3.2280 free, SpywareBlaster, MBAM Prem., Crypto-Prevent

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2004, 01:28:24 AM »
I was showing it to my wife today and I told her that I thought you looked a little like Jay Leno when he was younger.   ;D

Hahaha... because of that silly looking chin, probably... I made that stupid face, so it looks like I'm wondering what's going on in these posts...

Here is my new photo... I don't wanna look like Jay Leno... God forbid !  ;D

SKYCOMP

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2004, 02:54:07 AM »

Hahaha... because of that silly looking chin, probably... I made that stupid face, so it looks like I'm wondering what's going on in these posts...

Here is my new photo... I don't wanna look like Jay Leno... God forbid !  ;D

Don't sweat it, your mug is as decent as any. As for skins? Now you've hit a big nerve with me personally. These New Avast! skins are absolutely Next Generation material in preview yet reality now they are available. What a fine piece of imagination. You are to be recognized for merely introducing these selections. The Triangular one blows me away(my personal favorite), but i can't keep from using the L-cars Star Trek interface on every Scan. WOW! What a breathe of fresh air, and music to the ears. Keep 'em coming!

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2004, 03:09:31 AM »
Hehe, I'll try to make some more in the future... at this point, I'm kinda too busy working on one very important web site (completely Flash design). You can chek this thread I just posted and you may want to click on link in there... you'll see preview of web site I'm working on...

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=9;action=display;threadid=3232

Cheers !
« Last Edit: March 12, 2004, 11:49:00 AM by S.Z.Craftec »

Jarron

« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2004, 06:36:54 AM »
Sasha,  just wanted to add my support and thanks!

I think you have a point.  The only people who are never criticized are those who never do anything, and of course they are the ones criticizing.

Until I switched to avast! I never thought anti-virus could be fun.

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2004, 11:55:42 AM »
Thanks Jarron, thanks F4, thanks to everybody !

You guys make me wanna go even further with skin designs. I'll give my best in the future, and don't you ever forget:

I'm doing this for you guys. It's not just some old phrase. It's true. I make skins for best antivirus ever, and that's my pay. I don't make money on this, your comments are my pay cheques... that should show you that I don't make these skins because of my personal interest... OK, a little bit, 'cause I also made all those skins 'cause it makes me very happy to work on something I truly love...

That's all I can say for now...

Cheers !
« Last Edit: March 12, 2004, 11:56:17 AM by S.Z.Craftec »

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2004, 02:22:07 PM »
Keep up the good work Sasha! Ignore those who think that skins are useless ;D
Maybe try to make one skin with Classic layout like BitDefender has (Buttons on the left side,info on the right side,avast! Antivirus text on the top above buttons and so on...).
Corporatre and Flat'n'simple were almost perfect otherwise i like Martins default Blue skin very much ;)
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2004, 02:32:23 PM »
Thank you Sheep Almighty, hehe... Corporate and Flat'n'Simple - almost perfect ? Those ARE perfect ! Find just one bug on those and I'll eat my left shoe (after I steped into crap...  ;D)

Where can I see how BitDefender looks like ?

Cheers !

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2004, 02:46:43 PM »
Ok i'll say they are not 100% for my taste but they are made with 100% perfection (hehe this sounds much better) ;)

Here's BitDefender interface :),but its a bit changed in current version 7.2
« Last Edit: March 12, 2004, 07:33:07 PM by RejZoR »
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog