Author Topic: Uninstalled version of Avast still appears in my profile  (Read 760 times)

Offline Steven396

Uninstalled version of Avast still appears in my profile
« on: February 26, 2022, 07:39:00 PM »
Hi,
I recently purchased a laptop so I installed Avast on my new laptop in addition to my PC. Because of problems with the laptop I returned it however I uninstalled Avast before I returned it.  Unfortunately my subscriptions still says it is being used on 2 machines even though I uninstalled it on the returned machine.  I also didn't realize my subscription only allows coverage for 1 PC.   Is this going to be an issue?

Thanks

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Uninstalled version of Avast still appears in my profile
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2022, 08:39:23 PM »
I use Avast Free, so can't speak from personal experience.

From memory of this in the forums, I think this is shown for about a month and disappears automatically (presumably after that time frame it isn't likely to be reinstalled).

However, if you open your Avast Account (via the Avast UI Registration information > Go to Account), you should see the two entries (presumably where you saw them). I believe you should be able to assign the license to the system you now have and delete the entry for the other.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security