Author Topic: Integration with Email Client that uses its own certificate store  (Read 3595 times)

Offline Freddy4

Hi all,

With the new Avast One essentials, ho, if required, do I export the Avast security certificate so that it can be imported into my mail program's certificate store.  I use emClient and this only uses its own internal certificate store.  I was looking around the Avast One Essentials interface but I could not see any sections specifically relating to:

1. Email https scanning option (to enable/disable)
2. The certificate extraction process (geek area)
3. The ability to add a program (like emClient) as a trusted application

Does Avast One Essential not have a specific HTTPS mail scanning module like the old Avast Antivirus Free program did?
If not then will it just "work" with emClient?

this will potentailly affect many thousands of customers so it is very important to understand.

Thanks
Paul

Many thanks

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Freddy4

Re: Integration with Email Client that uses its own certificate store
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2022, 02:09:06 PM »
Hi,  I couldn't see anyting that specifically mentions mail scanning in that FAQ.

Offline Freddy4

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2022, 02:10:18 PM »
My Bad - I saw it now:

You continue to have access to most device protection features that are included in Avast Free Antivirus.
You gain limited access to online privacy and performance features such as:
VPN Secure Connection
Clear Browsing Data
Data Breach Check
PC Speedup
Software Updater

You lose access to the following features that are not included in Avast One:
Wi-Fi Inspector
Mail Shield
Rescue Disk
Do Not Disturb Mode

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2022, 04:25:17 PM »
You're welcome.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Freddy4

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2022, 07:35:58 PM »
So now I can see that the email shield is included in Avast One and the same question applies again.  I want to be able to use emClient mail program which uses its own certificate store as opposed to the Windows certificate store.  With the newly included "Email Guardian" feature I can't see a way to import Avast's certificate into emClient.   I know Avast is aware of emClient because I tested the "Include Avast signature" and it inserted a signature into an email I sent.

It seems like it "may" be working without importing an email certificate into emClient but the process used to be that you had to use the Geek Area and export the mail certificate and then import it but the Geek Area is no more of course.

I'm now a bit confused as to what I might need to do (other than disable the scanning of incoming and outgoing mails in the avast interface)  or....   perhaps I don't need to do anything and not worry as perhaps it works without a certificate???? If that is the case then it is not using the same techniques as the old Avast Antivirus as that completely broke emclient mail.

Thanks all.    Paul