Author Topic: Win32: maleware-gen  (Read 1078 times)

Offline bigtheropods

Win32: maleware-gen
« on: March 03, 2022, 11:28:53 AM »
I was just watching youtube on my pc and avast suddenly tells me it blocked win32gen. I tried to get more detail or to see if taking further action was needed, but it only gave me a little more info on the maleware. 5 min later it did the same thing when I was opening the scan center. The pc freaked out and I was unable to access my task bar or move anything but the mouse. As a result, I panicked and shut off the pc. I went back and did research on the maleware and saw ppl getting the similar messages as I have. Idk if am I am interprating the articels wrong or anything, but it seems the pc still gets infected despite Avast saying it blocked it.

Can't find the maleware anywhere. I tried doing offline scans, boot scans, recovery, and even resetting browser settings, and trying to fix it through safe mode but I can't find/change anything. I used Windows defender to, avast, and malewarebytes.
I always thought maleware/trojans were from intereacting with something. The avast notifications seemingly out of nowhere.

I am very cautious about what I interact with on the interenet; I always use virus total to scan webpages and downloads on the rare chance I do download something. I always run scans on my pc almost daily. I also use ad block plus & malewarebytes extension on google chrome. Idk if it was a false positive or not or what is happening to my pc. I never dealt with anything like this before. I'm very confused and frightened about what is happening. My pc is acting kind of strange, however I'm not getting any serious signs that the possible maleware has done anything super malicious that I know of.  :'(

And a weird detail I picked up from some of the research I did is that I've been only seeing this with avast but idk if that was a cooinsidence or not.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Win32: maleware-gen
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2022, 11:54:27 AM »
https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=318219.0

And it is called Malware and not Maleware

« Last Edit: March 03, 2022, 12:06:10 PM by Pondus »