Author Topic: My homepage shortcuts keeps getting wiped  (Read 1319 times)

Offline Charles440

My homepage shortcuts keeps getting wiped
« on: March 04, 2022, 09:30:16 AM »
I have the basic avast browser homepage where you can set up shortcuts, but they keep getting wiped and replaced by website I don't want, Google, Amazon, Facebook and whatnots. I do have profile saved and I did not turn on synchronisation.

Offline ondrejz

• Browser QA Team
    • Avast Secure Browser
Re: My homepage shortcuts keeps getting wiped
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2022, 11:27:53 AM »
Hello,

it's possible that some new shortcuts have been added by us but if you remove them and create yours, we should never wipe them.

Please could you be more specific?
- were your shortcuts removed? (by "your" I mean the ones you added via "+" button manually)
- how many sponsored shortcuts are displayed (you can attach screenshot)
- did it happen that you removed a sponsored shortcut and the same one returned?
- does the situation repeat?

Please also send me Diagnostic Info that you can find on the about page: secure://settings/diagnosticInfo

Thank you

Offline dollycotnoir

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2022, 08:02:32 PM »
This is happening to me also. I'm sick of putting them back in!

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2022, 08:53:57 PM »
If you want to help, then send the diagnostics as requested.

Quote from: ondrejz
Please also send me Diagnostic Info that you can find on the about page: secure://settings/diagnosticInfo
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 22.5.6015 (build 22.5.7263.730) UI 1.0.711/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline patzeus

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2022, 06:53:12 PM »
@ondrejz  your statement about if a user changes the shortcuts they will never change again is WRONG. I submitted a post on that. The shortcuts CHANGE each time Avast does an update. Avast needs to disable that in the coding.

How would you feel if each time you boot your PC your desktop screen is changed.