Author Topic: Refund and subscription  (Read 9528 times)

Offline Sedov Pavel

Refund and subscription
« on: March 09, 2022, 08:19:05 PM »
Today (09 March 2022) my subscription was renewed. Automatical payment, not my desision. So I tried to refund and to canceled my subscription. And have some troubles.

1. Cancel subscription - ticket 15279323. I received email that subscription was canceled, but i still see the next payment date in my account.

2. Refund - ticket 15279344. Received email with rejection. Reason - more than 30 day since purchase. Wtf? Payment was on 09 march 2022. Today is still 09 march 2022. More than 30 days? Really? 

What's going on? 0.o

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: Refund and subscription
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2022, 12:32:54 PM »
Today (09 March 2022) my subscription was renewed. Automatical payment, not my desision. So I tried to refund and to canceled my subscription. And have some troubles.

1. Cancel subscription - ticket 15279323. I received email that subscription was canceled, but i still see the next payment date in my account.

2. Refund - ticket 15279344. Received email with rejection. Reason - more than 30 day since purchase. Wtf? Payment was on 09 march 2022. Today is still 09 march 2022. More than 30 days? Really? 

What's going on? 0.o

Hi,

I have escalated your case. Avast Sales Support will reply to you via email.

Offline jean.mccollister

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2022, 07:57:10 AM »
I have repeatedly requested refunds for two products over the past week and there is absolutely no response. One was purchased by mistake and the other was billed automatically and I do not want it since in the meantime there was an offer to purchase it a lower price.

I am well within the 30-day period since purchase. Nothing happens when I click "request a refund", no one responds when I try to get someone on chat, and you are impossible to reach by email. The payments were made through PayPal but there has been no refund forthcoming there.

Please take action.

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2022, 08:51:23 AM »
I have repeatedly requested refunds for two products over the past week and there is absolutely no response. One was purchased by mistake and the other was billed automatically and I do not want it since in the meantime there was an offer to purchase it a lower price.

I am well within the 30-day period since purchase. Nothing happens when I click "request a refund", no one responds when I try to get someone on chat, and you are impossible to reach by email. The payments were made through PayPal but there has been no refund forthcoming there.

Please take action.

Hi,

You have not created any tickets yet. To request a refund, please create a ticket via https://support.avast.com/en-eu/contact/sales_refund_general
The website is working (e.g Avast Secure Browser, Firefox, Google Chrome). If you are having difficulties using the site, please disable any extensions that might be interfering with the website. You can also try a different browser.
You can also request a refund via your Avast Account (my.avast.com). To cancel a particular subscription and request a refund, open your Payments list and click Request a refund for that subscription. Please see this guide: https://support.avast.com/article/Refund-request/
Any subscription purchased within the past 30 days is eligible for a refund. Your subscription will be cancelled and your premium features will be disabled immediately.

Offline jean.mccollister

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2022, 09:27:56 AM »
Thanks for the quick response. I have made multiple attempts from the payments list at my Avast Account (my.avast.com) using Firefox, nothing happens.
I have just tried again after disabling some extensions. Still no visible response or chat activity.

I also tried (earlier) submitting tickets, nothing.

Offline jean.mccollister

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2022, 09:36:46 AM »
Tried a different browser, chatting now. Hopefully we can resolve it.

Offline jean.mccollister

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2022, 09:59:35 AM »
Issue seems to have been resolved, thanks for suggesting a different browser--that appears to have been the cause of the communication blockage.

Offline sparkspower60

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2022, 01:56:26 AM »
I have repeatedly requested refunds for two products over the past week and there is absolutely no response. One was purchased by mistake and the other was billed automatically and I do not want it since in the meantime there was an offer to purchase it a lower price. Order number 15279323

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2022, 03:45:34 AM »
I have repeatedly requested refunds for two products over the past week and there is absolutely no response. One was purchased by mistake and the other was billed automatically and I do not want it since in the meantime there was an offer to purchase it a lower price. Order number 15279323

Please stick to one topic and note the dates you gave in that post are over 3 months old (not the past two weeks as you state here).
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2022, 02:30:50 PM »

Hi,

I replied to your post at https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=239329

Offline drissihoucine1999

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2022, 01:29:47 PM »
hi ,
i deleted my subscription and asked for a refund , i recieved the email that says that i will a get refund in 7 or 5 business days ! for now its oky after one day i got a notification from my bank that the avast software toke again money from my bank account the first amount was 67 euros, the second amout was 64 euros .

i dont know what is that they doing and also contact my bank for this, they said i should contact avast service to reselove this and when i contact them they in our systeme they have just one payment and i will get refunded but my bank say no !

need help asp for this problem !   :'( :'(