Author Topic: Can't sign in to my bank account  (Read 1370 times)

Offline bilnrobn12

Can't sign in to my bank account
« on: March 16, 2022, 07:34:09 AM »
I think something in my security is causing the problem. If I try to sign into my online banking at one of my banks it won't accept my password. My only alternative is to say I can't remember the password and set up a new one. That lets me in. After logging off, if I try to log in again using the new password the problem repeats itself. This occurs just on my computer, a Lenovo laptop. My wife's identical machine, except that I have AntiTrack and she doesn't, works fine as does my mobile phone and the customer terminal at the local bank. It only occurs on my computer and with this one bank account, other sites, financials and other, all work fine.
I think I may have to create an exception or add the bank to a whitelist somewhere, but don't know where. Can anyone help me with this please?
Bill in Oz
I dream of a day when chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned.

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: Can't sign in to my bank account
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2022, 01:38:00 PM »

Offline bilnrobn12

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2022, 02:14:47 AM »
Thanks r@vast, that solved the problem.  Much appreciated.
One thing I can't understand is the allowed list was empty, so my bank is now the only one in it.But all my other financials, ones I visit regularly but for security reasons I don't have the passwords saved anywhere on the computer work and always have. Why?
Bill in Oz
I dream of a day when chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned.

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2022, 09:08:03 AM »
Thanks r@vast, that solved the problem.  Much appreciated.
One thing I can't understand is the allowed list was empty, so my bank is now the only one in it.But all my other financials, ones I visit regularly but for security reasons I don't have the passwords saved anywhere on the computer work and always have. Why?

In general, different websites have different requirements and ways of operation.