Author Topic: new user avast 4 home edition  (Read 3386 times)

wertwert

new user avast 4 home edition
« on: March 09, 2004, 09:21:43 PM »
Hallo,
I'm a new Italian user wich chose avast after many advice from friends and now I'm very happy for this choice. Avast is perfect for capture viruses when they arrive by e-mail, but I have a question: is Avast able to capture vorms or trojans when you are in  Internet navigation?
I'didn't find any menù that quote something about Internet activity; could anyone help about?
Thanks.
Ciao. (sorry for my poor english)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:new user avast 4 home edition
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2004, 09:26:08 PM »
Hallo,
I'm a new Italian user wich chose avast after many advice from friends and now I'm very happy for this choice. Avast is perfect for capture viruses when they arrive by e-mail, but I have a question: is Avast able to capture vorms or trojans when you are in  Internet navigation?
I'didn't find any menù that quote something about Internet activity; could anyone help about?
Thanks.

If you are using the Professional version you will have the 'Script Blocker' protection.
If not (you have the Home version, free) you can set the Standard Shield to scan all files (open/created/modified) but in this case your computer could get a little stressed (low resources).  ;)
The best things in life are free.

wertwert

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2004, 09:34:32 PM »
Hallo,
Thanks.

If you are using the Professional version you will have the 'Script Blocker' protection.
If not (you have the Home version, free) you can set the Standard Shield to scan all files (open/created/modified) but in this case your computer could get a little stressed (low resources).  ;)
Thank you,
Yes I'm using the free version but I'm not enough good for jump into all menu.
Where can I find the option: Standard shield?
Please give me the extended path.
Grazie.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2004, 11:41:29 PM »
Where can I find the option: Standard shield?
Please give me the extended path.
Grazie.

My beautifull Rome!  ;)
1. Rigth click in the system tray icon (the 'a' blue ball)
2. Choose the first item (On-Access Protection Control)
3. At lelf of the window (Installed providers), choose Standard Shield
4. Click the button 'Customize'
5. Choose the tab 'Scanner (Advanced)'
6. Type the line below into the text box 'Scan files on open':
    WS?,VBS,VBE,JS,JSE,HTA,WSF,WSH,SHS,SHB,HTM*,PIF
7. Type the line below into the text box 'Created/modified files':
    ACE,ARC,ARJ,BZIP2,CAB,COM,ECE,EXE,GZ,GZIP,LHarc,MIME,PST,RAR,TAR,WinExec,ZIP,ZOO

Hope this help! Capisce?  :D

The best things in life are free.