Author Topic: Uninstall  (Read 3490 times)

Offline Daniel61

Uninstall
« on: March 21, 2022, 01:57:57 AM »
How does one uninstall Avant?
Reason for asking: I just paid for and downloaded the new zowie discount offer. After downloading and unpacking, I tried to run the thing and got an error message that I have it installed already (yeah, I know, the copy that I've been using!) and I first have to uninstall it.

Ok ok, though I think this is the first time in 20-plus years of loading things from the Internet that a new program version hasn't managed to zap its old version without my help. But OK, now I look for some kind of Uninstall operation. I have not found it. Lots and lots of promo, largely for stuff I already have, and going in circles several times, but I still have this stoopid question:

HOW ?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Uninstall
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2022, 02:32:17 AM »
Avant ?
This is the Avast Support Forum - not Avant :)

If this is/was a typo then we will need more information, what avast program do you have installed and preferably a screenshot of the error message/window.

Your message:
Quote from: Daniel61
I just paid for and downloaded the new zowie discount offer. After downloading and unpacking, after downloading and unpacking, I tried to run the thing and got an error message that I have it installed already (yeah, I know, the copy that I've been using!) and I first have to uninstall it.

Highlighting is mine and that doesn't seem to be any Avast message I have ever seen.

Since your are posting in the "Avast Online Security (browser extension)" sub-forum, so I really have no idea what you have installed Avant! or what as this also doesn't appear to be related to the Avast Online Security (browser extension).

I have been using Avast Free antivirus for almost 18 years and I have never come across this message.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Daniel61

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2022, 05:10:17 AM »
Reasonable questions.
I logged in to Avast (using a password saver, 1Password 7, that I've used on Mac for some years) and checked my license. It showed that I was licensed but had not installed on any machine. So I called for a download, and when it was done, I got this screen:

Offline Daniel61

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2022, 05:28:16 AM »
Please ignore last posting. Thanks for trying to help, but I have run out of time for struggling with this thing, and it's time to get back to work.