Author Topic: Driver Updates deleated other software  (Read 5701 times)

Offline rogerjmead

Driver Updates deleated other software
« on: March 21, 2022, 05:19:27 PM »
Driver Updater indicated Intel R USB 3.0 root hub needed updating.  Ddid this which did not update but deleted Google Chrome and my other Browser and stopped links in emails and software working so this report could not be made.   Fortunately reinstall of the deleted software removed the problem.  Intel reports that i already have the latest drivers but Avast still insists i do not. 

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
Re: Driver Updates deleated other software
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2022, 05:34:32 PM »
Driver Updater indicated Intel R USB 3.0 root hub needed updating.  Ddid this which did not update but deleted Google Chrome and my other Browser and stopped links in emails and software working so this report could not be made.   Fortunately reinstall of the deleted software removed the problem.  Intel reports that i already have the latest drivers but Avast still insists i do not.

Hello,

First of all let me sincerely apologize for all troubles associated with usage of our product.
This is not intentional behavior.

In order to be able to help you I would like to ask you to send the log files so we can investigate where the problem is.
  • Open Driver Updater - Menu - Settings - Troubleshooting
  • Click "Open Support Tool" button at the top
  • Confirm the Windows User Access Control dialog to start the tool
  • After the initial check click "Next"
  • Fill in your email address so we can contact you afterwards if necessary
  • Click "Generate" button to start the process
  • When everything is finished, send me the code displayed in the final screen (see the attached picture) so we can find the right package associated with it

Thank you.