Other > Viruses and worms

Possible false positive, need help

<< < (2/2)

Nums:

--- Quote from: DavidR on December 06, 2007, 12:04:11 AM ---It depends on what your zip program is ?

I use 7zip so that is likely to be different and it is so easy, right click on the file you want to zip, select Ad to Archive and when the window pops-up you can change the settings and include a password.

If you aren't using 7zip see if your zip program's help file can help.

Or you can also add the file to the User Files (File, Add) section of the avast chest where it can do no harm and send it from there (select the file, right click, email to Alwil Software). No need to zip and PW protect when the sample is sent from chest. A copy of the file/s will remain in the original location, so any further action you take can remove that.

--- End quote ---

I just use the zip program that windows comes with. I also have WinRar and mostly use that.
I sent it through the chest auto email. Do you know if they reply back with the findings?

DavidR:
I'm not sure if the windows zip function allows for password protection, winRAR does, but I have never used it, sending from the chest gets round that problem as avast encrypts the sample.

Normally there is no reply unless they require further information.

Nums:

--- Quote from: DavidR on December 06, 2007, 12:30:12 AM ---Normally there is no reply unless they require further information.

--- End quote ---

Ah k :< Well, thanks for your help.

DavidR:
No problem, welcome to the forums.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version