Author Topic: Dear Avast, please consider respecting your customers  (Read 1299 times)

Offline Hypocrites'r'us

Dear Avast, please consider respecting your customers
« on: March 26, 2022, 07:46:20 PM »
Hi,

I have no question - I'd simply like to use this medium to shout my complaint at you, seeing as this affects all your customers.

Regarding your 'sent-email-signature'...

You automatically enable this "feature" in my mail. I assume not notifying me about that in any shape or form can only be deliberate, considering the digital tsunami of entirely irrelevant notifications your software does throw in my face every 5 to 6 seconds. Instead, I only find out you injected yourself in my personal affairs, if I by chance read my own mail back when someone replies to it. When typing and/or sending the e-mail, it doesn't show up anywhere at all. You further chose to - for lack of motivation to find a different word - hide the toggle for this bonus-feature in:
Avast > Menu > Settings > Protection > Core Shields > Mail Shield (that last option, in a separate slide-table, using a tiny font) > "Add a signature[..]."

You decided on my behalf, without my knowledge or any attempt to bring it to my knowledge, that I undoubtedly must prefer to advertise YOUR product with every e-mail I send.
In comparison, you yourself define adware as:

"...quietly [brought] along for the ride without your knowledge or consent" and;
"Adware exists to generate revenue for its owner, who earns money [...]."

Can you honestly defend the decision to apply your policy with any form of logic, when it can arguably (yet easily) be placed on the same level as the malware you claim to guard your customers from?

Please do kindly consider not intrusively and annoyingly injecting yourself in your customers unrelated products, without any form of consent, for the sole benefit of your own profits.

Thanks.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Dear Avast, please consider respecting your customers
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2022, 10:07:56 AM »
Hi, you can submit your feedback in "About Avast".
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Hypocrites'r'us

Re: Dear Avast, please consider respecting your customers
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2022, 06:48:46 PM »
Hi, you can submit your feedback in "About Avast".

I'm aware, thanks. I managed to find to find the signature-settings - the way to the shredder feedback portal was a breeze.

Given the nature of the very conscious, deliberate choice to inject adware into the services of a third party, without asking or notifying me, I had remarkably little doubt a one-on-one feedback session would change anything.