Author Topic: Avast Cleanup for Android - Force Stop fails to stop running apps  (Read 5699 times)

Offline keithyoung89

Avast Cleanup Long Term Boost: the Force Stop facility fails to stop the majority of running apps. This has only stated happening in the last few days. Today it failed to stop 24/24 apps. Android V: 7.1.1, Cleanup v:6.2.0 (800008959). I tried uninstalling/re-installing Cleanup but it made no difference. Also tried re-booting the phone but no good. Anybody else suffering this/have any ideas?

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: Avast Cleanup for Android - Force Stop fails to stop running apps
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2022, 04:48:04 PM »
Hi,

Please report this issue directly via the Avast Cleanup app. Avast Mobile support team will look into it.

Offline keithyoung89

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2022, 10:04:48 PM »
Thanks - I will report direct to Avast.

Offline keithyoung89

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2022, 08:21:35 PM »
Just a quick update on progress. The initial response from Avast Support was to tell me how to uninstall and reinstall the app. In my report I had told them that I have already tried this - to no avail. The response to my reply was entirely in German and so I do not understand what is being said. How can a so-called support team respond in German to somebody who is clearly non-German. It beggars belief.

Offline keithyoung89

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2022, 08:32:14 PM »
I am now informed that this is known issue with the Cleanup app on some versions of android. Techies are working on it.