Author Topic: Secure Brower > Bank Mode Freeze Windows  (Read 12586 times)

Offline Bartleboom

Secure Brower > Bank Mode Freeze Windows
« on: March 30, 2022, 10:05:31 AM »
Dear Avast Forum,
Avast Secure Browser v. 99.0.15283.83 > Bank Mode often, not always, freeze Windows. Sometimes I need to reboot the system, others, waiting a bit, I am able to go back to Standard Desktop where Application Bar flashes for some seconds. I tried several ways... unistalling, updating addons, starting differently, resizing browser window... it seems to be a graphic issue, nothing help. Any advise, please? Thanks

Avast Ultimate - Win 10 Pro - Nvidia GTX 760 Driver 472.98

Bartleboom

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Secure Brower > Bank Mode Freeze Windows
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2022, 11:01:16 AM »
Please post your Diagnostic Information. You can get it by visiting this link: secure://settings/diagnosticInfo
For problems with Bank Mode, also attach szb.log which is located here: C:\ProgramData\AVAST Software\Avast\log
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Bartleboom

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2022, 08:20:31 AM »
Hello Asyn, thanks for reply, sorry for late.
At last I removed Secure Browser... 'too much', and with some drawbacks, just my opinion.

Your interest much appreciated,
Bartle

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2022, 08:34:03 AM »
You're welcome.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline beammeupscotty

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2022, 07:07:00 AM »
Hello Avast forum,

It appears this issue was never resolved. I have the same issue as Bartleboom.

I have used Bank Mode for several years on Win7 Pro without issue. I'm now on Win10 Pro and a new machine (beginning of he year) Now Bank Mode is entirely erratic; sometimes it freezes after a minute or two sometimes five minutes or so. This occurs sometimes in the course of sensitive banking transactions.

There is no way out. I have to do a hard shutdown. I can't even load Task Manager. The cursor becomes inactive. Also, as Bartleboom noted, if one is fortunate enough to close Bank Mode and return to the standard desktop the task bar shudders and a hard edge is on the foot of the  browser page which leaves a gap to the the top of the task bar. This can only be removed by refreshing the page and scrolling.

Does ASB require Virtualization Based Security to be enabled by default or does Avast control it in session?

I look forward to your assistance.

As requested I am including the diagnostics and the

Diagnstic Info:
executable_path=C:\Users\pthor\AppData\Local\AVAST Software\Browser\Application\AvastBrowser.exe
profile_path=C:\Users\pthor\AppData\Local\AVAST Software\Browser\User Data\BankMode\Default
os_version=Windows 10 v21H1 (x64)
av_engines=Avast Antivirus, AMSI - Avast IAntimalwareProvider implementation
active_av_engine=Avast Antivirus
av_version=22.8.6030
urlscanner_version=1.9.0.367
mimic_version=v0.1.24-c1a08c4
host_prefix=
browser_version=104.1.18182.102 (Official Build (64-bit))
cgid=369
cid=6308
uid=f10df4bb04b94df6bfdd2c8211dd82cd

Channel: stable
OS language: en-us
Browser language: en-US
Search Engine URL: https://www.google.com/search?client={google:client}&q={searchTerms}&{google:originalQueryForSuggestion}{google:assistedQueryStats}ie={inputEncoding}
Omaha version: 1.8.1189.1

Enabled extensions:
ahfgeienlihckogmohjhadlkjgocpleb : Web Store : 0.2
dmfdacibleoapmpfdgonigdfinmekhgp : Avast SecureLine VPN : 2.0.0.284
ekmkelgimdicdgkflkakgmjcghgpdnji : Messaging : 1.13.0.407
emhginjpijfggbofeediiojmdlmlkoik : Avast Passwords : 2.0.4569
jfijboeaeajnoejbcdbhejlnmhepeige : NTP Extension : 3.9.116
kmendfapggjehodndflmmgagdbamhnfd : CryptoTokenExtension : 0.9.74
lhnnoklckomcfdlknmjaenoodlpfdclc : Avast Bank Mode : 1.3.0.57
mecokbmnofclapimmlnfegiohceoaocc : Avast Performance Manager : 1.2.220
mhjfbmdgcfjbbpaeojofohoefgiehjai : Chrome PDF Viewer : 1
nkeimhogjdpnpccoofpliimaahmaaome : Google Hangouts : 1.3.18
onochehmbbbmkaffnheflmfpfjgppblm : Avast Privacy Guard : 2.8.353

Disabled extensions:

Offline beammeupscotty

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2022, 03:25:13 AM »
Hello again,

Since my post of 8 September there has been no update to this thread providing a way forward. Am I to assume this issue has been addressed or is the solution still a work in progress?

Although it has not been requested, would it be helpful to use the Avast Premium Security Troubleshooting Recorder to provide evidence of process failures in order to diagnose the issue?

I look forward to your advice. .

Offline Jevgeni Soonberg

• Avast Team
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2022, 01:19:54 PM »
Hello!
It would be great to get the szb.log from c:\ProgramData\AVAST Software\Avast\log\ to investigate your problem.
Thanks in Advance!
Best Regards, Jevgeni!

Offline beammeupscotty

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2022, 04:40:11 AM »
Hi Jevgeni Soonberg,

It was attached to my original  post on September 8. i note it has been downloaded once so someone must be analysing at it.

Offline beammeupscotty

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2022, 01:57:39 AM »
Hi Jevgeni.

Any news on an update. It froze again in the middle of a banking transaction again today. Is there any further information I can supply to expedite a resolution?

Regrards, Beammeupscotty

Offline beammeupscotty

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2022, 02:44:11 AM »
Hi again Jevgeni.

Further to my last post, I just received and update  to my Avast Premium Security (22.9.6034 (build 22.9.7554.734) which specified the following:

Bank Mode in UI Protect your banking details and login information whenever you’re online banking on Avast Secure Browser.

I'm not entirely sure what this means because it provides no information on any fixes or improvements to the previous version. Can I assume that the issue with Bank Mode freezing has been addressed?

I suppose I'll find out soon enough!

Regards, Beammeupscotty

Offline beammeupscotty

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2022, 03:02:02 AM »
Hello again,

The last update didn't fix the issue with freezing.

I have attached  the log to see if anyone at Avast or a forum member can let me know what the issue is.

At one point I was told by support that Bank Mode didn't work correctly when Avast Secureline was connected. I tested this configuration and it still failed. I never had this issue with Win 7 Pro whilst using the VPN. so the advice from support was incorrect. Also there is no documentation stating this.

Please help! No response to my last two posts! What's going on! This is getting very frustrating.

Offline Bartleboom

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2022, 12:42:32 PM »
Hello beammeupscotty,
I reinstalled Avast Secure Browser few days ago with no good news about related issue. I tried with accounts that were not of the bank but I get the same result. Sorry  :-\

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2022, 11:15:57 PM »
Reported to Avast. Let's see if that helps.
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

Offline Jevgeni Soonberg

• Avast Team
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2022, 12:24:15 PM »
Hello beammeupscotty!
I have forwarded the logs to our developer for investigation. We will contact you soon with updates.
Thank you and best Regards!

Offline beammeupscotty

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2022, 12:16:08 AM »
Thanks Jevgeni, I look forward to a fix.
Regards beammeupscotty